Eurodam

Reisebiene

Hello,

we are planning a Trip with the Eurodam this year. Our last Cruises we have done wit Celebrity and we were very satisfied.

What awaits us at the Holland American Line, specifically on the Eurodam?

Is the service and the food quality similar?

Thanks!

I have not sailed on Celebrity, so can't make any comparisons, but you might be interested in this thread about the Eurodam. It has lots of information and photos: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1895592. We love Eurodam, especially the Tamarind Restaurant.

I love the Tamarind Restaurant as well as the Silk Den. Eurodam is one of our favourites.

Although I generally cruise on HAL and have been twice on the Eurodam, I have cruised on Celebrity. In fact, I will be doing a transatlantic cruise on Celebrity next month. Overall I would give HAL and particularly the Eurodam just a notch above Celebrity. I have found the service on HAL superior to Celebrity. As to food I would call it a draw. Keep in mind this is my opinion and my tastes may be different than yours. Having to pick a cruise and the choices were HAL and Celebrity I would opt for HAL. Seeing an itinerary that I like and it is with Celebrity I would not hesitate to book the Celebrity cruise.

Just off the E-dam and have been on the S-class Celebrity. Service and food is similar, the "standard" rooms are smaller on the E-dam. The S-class ships are bigger (122k tons vs 93K tons) and it shows. Although more passengers on the S-class (2800 vs 2100 .. or something) the S-class has a much roomier feel. The Lido (buffet) is MUCH nicer on the S-class, public spaces seem more abundant. But... in general... we pick itinerary over cruise line, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Jim

Our last cruise was on Celebrity Silhouette, prior to that we sailed on Eurodam. I'm not a fan of the art on Eurodam, I greatly preferred the art on Silhouette, but largely a matter of personal preference obviously. I found the service to be comperable between Celebrity and HAL. On Silouette, there were always tables available in the Lido, not so on Eurodam where it seemed we had to search for tables at nearly every meal and I felt at busy times there were not enough dining options available, causing the congestion in the Lido.

In all other aspects, I prefer the Eurodam and I'm really looking forward to being back on board in a couple months. We prefered the beds and food on Eurodam. I like HAL's unlimited laundry package. I love the promendade deck on HAL ships; I love our evening strolls. We enjoy the cabanas on Eurodam. I like having a third set of elevators on Eurodam, rarely ever a wait for an elevator on Eurodam. I really enjoy working on puzzels and playing board games in the Crow's Nest. I love the retractable roof on the Eurodam's "family" pool that allows swimming during all kinds of weather for the kids.