Help please with transportation to Kennedy Space Center from Port Canaveral

Turtles06

Five of us will be arriving in Port Canaveral on the NCL Gem and are heading over to the Kennedy Space Center. We don't want to do a ship's excursion (a dear friend has actually gifted us the admission tickets) nor do we want to take the time to rent a vehicle (particularly since the ship doesn't dock until noon).

I would very much appreciate recommendations for reputable private shuttle companies, limo drivers, taxi companies, etc. that can pick us up at the ship, take us to KSC, then return us to the ship when we're done seeing KSC.

I've already done a search on here and come up with several names (including Executive VIP Limo and Cocoa Beach Shuttle), but the posts are a little old and I'm hoping to get recent experiences.

Thanks!

Take a look at Travelynx. They get good reviews for their service between PC and MCO. My SIL has used them to get tot the airport. They have 6-7 passenger vehicles as well as larger buses. Not sure the cost.

http://www.travelynxusa.com/index.php

But do compare that to a day rental car rate. It's not that far out of your way to get to one of the major agencies. I think Hertz is the closest(next to the Residence Inn on A1A) but there's a Payless over by the old Ron Jon's resort and a Budget not that far down A1A from Hertz.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Yes, that is who we used.

We used Executive VIP this past December and were very pleased with their service.

Did they pick you up at the cruise port and take you directly to KSC and then return you to the cruise port? What did they charge?

Five of us will be arriving in Port Canaveral on the NCL Gem and are heading over to the Kennedy Space Center. We don't want to do a ship's excursion (a dear friend has actually gifted us the admission tickets) nor do we want to take the time to rent a vehicle (particularly since the ship doesn't dock until noon).

I would very much appreciate recommendations for reputable private shuttle companies, limo drivers, taxi companies, etc. that can pick us up at the ship, take us to KSC, then return us to the ship when we're done seeing KSC.

I've already done a search on here and come up with several names (including Executive VIP Limo and Cocoa Beach Shuttle), but the posts are a little old and I'm hoping to get recent experiences.

Thanks!

Yes, I understand not wanting to rent a car because you will see the first of 10+ buses starting to leave as you are getting into the rental car shuttle - meaning large groups may arrive at KSC before you!

It is best to book a local transport company because in case something goes wrong you do not have to deal with someone from Orlando. As mentioned Cocoa Beach Shuttle and Executive VIP are excellent choices.

You will see taxis from 888-taxi lined up as you step out the building. Those are the easiest options but they are metered and will cost $100 or more for the roundtrip. Executive VIP will cost about the same for roundtrip cars with limos upwards of $190 I hear.

Another option are flat-rate taxis such as Hoo-ha (very popular with locals in Cape Canaveral - (321) 749-3232). I've been told by a driver they charge $80 for a roundtrip but do not quote me!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Did they pick you up at the cruise port and take you directly to KSC and then return you to the cruise port? What did they charge?

Port of call from the ship to KSC and back for 6 of us was $100

round trip.

From the ship to KSC then on to MCO was only $40 more for all 6.

They hold luggage at no charge. Great service.

Contact Mike at http://www.executiveviplimousine.com

Another option to consider is Happy Hour Shuttle in Cape Canaveral. Our party of 8 used them for transportation from Port Canaveral to Orlando airport after our cruise in April and were very happy with their services. Their office is located close to the cruise terminal and they also provide transportation to Kennedy Space Center and other local attractions. Telephone and e-mail correspondence was great, the price was reasonable, and we had a very safe driver who was very personable.

http://happyhourshuttle.com/

• 1 month later...