First timers on Celebrity and to cruising!

kateb07

Hi so next year we sailing on Millennium on the Japan, South Korea and China itinerary. It will be our first time cruising.

What would have you all liked to have known in advance of your first cruise or first time crushing with Celebrity? These tips might help us prepare/get into the swing of cruising quicker [emoji4]. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would spend some time researching the ship. You can look at deck plans here at cruse critic and on Celebrity's site as well as other places on the internet.

You can get a virtual "feel" for the ship so when you board her you aren't overwhelmed by the different spaces and they already seem somewhat familiar.

Usually there is a sail away party when you start your journey. Many times people from here at cruise critic will gather at a specific location which should be mentioned in your roll call. Also there is a link to sign up for the Celebrity Connections party which is a gathering of cruise critic members with some light refreshments.

Make sure you bring some type of multiport outlet as there are never enough electrical connections in your cabin. Make sure they don't have a surge suppressor as they are a fire hazard on a ship.

There are multiple threads and posts here with suggested items to bring with you. Everything from magnetic hooks (all the walls in your cabin are steel), rubber bands to hold the hairdryer button down, post it notes to leave messages in the cabin for your cabin mates.

So after you do some research come back and ask questions :)

Enjoy your cruise. You are going to have an amazing time.

Edited by CruisinNewb

Hi so next year we sailing on Millennium on the Japan, South Korea and China itinerary. It will be our first time cruising.

What would have you all liked to have known in advance of your first cruise or first time crushing with Celebrity? These tips might help us prepare/get into the swing of cruising quicker [emoji4]. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wish I would have known about the free drinks on sailing days in the afternoon at the aft bar on deck 13. ;)

You have some good ideas already posted on this thread.

Celebrity is a class cruise line and we loved the Millennium as well as our cruise last Fall that included Japan, Taiwan and China.

Here is my review of the cruise with details of our 8 day land tour of Japan.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=518503&et_cid=2531924&et_rid=17221689&et_referrer=Boards

My review points out some key things about visiting Japan, like the fact that ATMs from the USA only work of a few ATMs in Japan. Post Offices and 7-11's have US comparable ATMs. Because of that we took about a $1000 of Yen with us.

We loved Japan and its people. It is one of our favorite countries.

Celebrity consistently wins awards for its food quality. We generally dine in the MDR, since the food is good and the specialty restaurants are expensive. However, we do like the Qsine restaurant, but it is best if you go with another couple. Soooo much food.

Celebrity's excursions are more reasonable in price than what we find on NCL, but we still try to find private tours that are cheaper with fewer participants. Look for tours being organized on your roll call here on cc. Also, research what you want to see in each port. One thing, Celebrity had a hot breakfast option for room service and we sometimes do that on days we are going ashore.