Laundry deals on a 14 nt cruise?

MarkBearSF

We're about to leave on a 2 week cruise around the horn. Especially considering the temperature differences between Tierra del Fuego and Buenos Aires, we'll have a lot of clothes. Does anybody have any info on when laundry deals are likely to be offered and what the offers are likely to be, so I can better plan things?

We've had the pleasure of cruising on a few 14 night trips. I never noticed any type of laundry special. If you are a captains club member, you might get coupons for either a discount percentage up to a free bag. Enjoy!

depending on your status in the Captain club you may get a coupon for one bag of laundry consisting of 20 items for free. other than that it is ala carte and rather expensive.

happy crusing🌊🚢🇺🇸☀️

We have just come off a 14 day cruise on the Century and two days out from cruise end we were offered a bag of laundry washed and folded for $45. Big deal eh !!!!!!!!!!

That is the deal on all 14 day cruises, cheap bag , 2 days before end. I thought was a little cheaper than $45- but possibly increased lately.

For the 'up to 30 pieces' Elite coupon, you have to send them all at once, correct?

I'll also doing this sailing and having never sailed that long before, trying to wrap my head around packing for this long.

Yes. In certain areas, it is only 20 pieces

If your roommate is also elite, you each get a coupon.

That is the deal on all 14 day cruises, cheap bag , 2 days before end. I thought was a little cheaper than $45- but possibly increased lately.

This past fall we were on the Century for a twenty-three night transpacific followed by a twelve night South Pacific cruise. The all you can get into one laundry bag offer for a flat rate was made several times on both the transpacific and following cruises. Since we are Elite+ Captain's Club members we used our Elite+ coupons, but the price has indeed increased to $45 for the "stuff a bag for a flat price" offer.

We did the same cruise last year but did the B2B around the horn and finished in Miami. You do not need a lot of changes of clothes . Forget heavy clothes you only need them a couple times and you are not outside that much. We where gone for 28 days and with the laundry service on the Infinity we where just fine. Enjoy your trip ,to us the Chilean

fiords where better than our trips to Alaska .

For the 'up to 30 pieces' Elite coupon, you have to send them all at once, correct?

I'll also doing this sailing and having never sailed that long before, trying to wrap my head around packing for this long.

We are also going on this cruise around Cape Horn January 4 th. (2nd time) Take half of what you think you will need. Layers work very well. The forecast is actually looking pretty warm - maybe even 50. Last time we had some snow on the ship. Very pretty!

Edited by chicagogal

We are also going on this cruise around Cape Horn January 4 th. (2nd time) Take half of what you think you will need. Layers work very well. The forecast is actually looking pretty warm - maybe even 50. Last time we had some snow on the ship. Very pretty!

I think what gets always causes me to overpack for cruises is clothes for day time, clothes for dinner, gym clothes, pool attire. I took my hiking boots to Alaska and was glad to have them. And throw in 3 formal nights, which we usually skip but this time we're with a group who probably will want to dress up. It adds up to a lot of different types of clothes. But this Around the Horn cruise looks amazing!