Live Periscope Broadcast: Oasis of the Seas, 11/28-12/5 Eastern Caribbean Cruise

alocsin

Please join me as I periscope my Eastern Caribbean Cruise on the Oasis of the Seas from Nov. 28 to Dec. 5. Starting from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, we visit Nassau, Bahamas; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; and Philipsburg, St. Martin.

Periscope name: aureliozl3

Twitter handle: aureliozl3

Permanent replays on http://katch.me/aureliozl3

If you've never used Periscope before, here are some instructions:

1. Download the Periscope app from either the Apple or Android store. Periscope works on iPhones and iPads, or any devices that use the Android operating system.
  2. Run the Periscope app on your device. You can sign on with your Twitter account. You don't have to be a Twitter user to use it, you can just sign up with a phone number, if you prefer.
  3. Tap the People icon and then the Magnifying glass icon. Enter “aureliozl3” as your search term, which is my account.
  4. Tap my name and then tap “Follow,” if needed. You'll then receive notice of all my broadcasts.
  5. The broadcasts will stay on my Periscope account for 24 hours, if you want to see the replay.
  6. If you do not have a smartphone, my broadcasts will be permanently recorded on https://katch.me/aureliozl3.

I'm also on Twitter on @aureliozl3. If you follow me there, you'll get notices on your Twitter account.

P.S. I'm the tall one in the profile pic.

Thanks, I'll be following. We just got off Oasis on Saturday and had a fabulous time. Have a great trip!

Did you eat in the main dining room? If you did MyTime Dining, what time did you go and how were the lines?

Did you eat in the main dining room? If you did MyTime Dining, what time did you go and how were the lines?

We did My Time Dining for the first three nights. We made reservations around 5:30 each night. No wait at all but there were long lines in the "no reservations" line. Not sure how long they waited.

Service in the dining room was great - we just tired of the menu and ate elsewhere the last four nights.

We did My Time Dining for the first three nights. We made reservations around 5:30 each night. No wait at all but there were long lines in the "no reservations" line. Not sure how long they waited.

Service in the dining room was great - we just tired of the menu and ate elsewhere the last four nights.

Thanks, that's exactly the time we'll be eating as well. Did you happen to notice if the Starbucks food was free?

I have a Windows Phone and so don't thhink I can do the periscope thing, but I'll follow you here if any updates and will definitely check out your website posted above. Have a great cruise!

Sadly, no good Periscope app for Windows phones. When the link shows up on Twitter, you might be able to click it and see the live broadcast through Twitter. Otherwise, katch.me is your best bet.

Thanks for following along though.

Aurelio

Edited by alocsin

This August when we sailed the Oasis was the first time on an Oasis class ship we had to pay for the pastries muffins, or treats at the Starbucks kiosk.

Do not know when the change occurred.

When we sailed Allure in 2013 and 2014 the stuff was free.

Safe journey

Now on the Oasis and Periscoping a few times a day.

VROOM Internet on the ship is generally excellent and fast. However, I've noticed that the quality of the scopes are better when we're docked than when we're at sea. That seems to be a common problem and I'm not sure if it's solvable.

Otherwise, the scopes are going well. Hope to do a few more scopes, mostly when we're docked for better quality. Replays are at katch.me/aureliozl3 and live broadcasts are under the code "aureliozl3"

Thanks.