NCL turtle cove excursion time for other actvities?

eileeshb

A friend has suggested the turtle cove excursion as a possible activity to book at St Thomas so I'm curious if anyone has recent experience with that excursion in terms of quality and whether you have time for other activities when you get back to the ship ?

We're due to be in-port from 8am to 18:00 and I'd like to get up to Paradise Point and explore Charlotte Amalie a little as well. Is it realistic to do all of that without being very pressed for time, or would I be better off planning to go snorkelling somewhere on the island rather than with one of the excursions.

There are other places to snorkel but at Turtle Cove on St Thomas you're almost guaranteed to see turtles naturally. Conservation has increased their numbers and Turtle Cove has lots of "turtle grass" so turtles go there to eat. There's also a rocky section nearby where you can see small colorful fish.

We just did this excursion with Carnival a few weeks ago, I am sure it is the same company, they have two catamarans that go the same time and places.

My video will give you an idea:

Yes, you will have time to do other things, like Paradise Point. We didn't have time when we were there, our port time was too short.

• 4 weeks later...

You have a nice long day in St. Thomas and the excursion should only be 3-4 hours, so should be fine. We are doing the same excursion and also plan to to go back to the boat, change and then walk back across the street so we can go up to Paradise Point.

Enjoy!