Disembarking in Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy - how long to get off the ship?

planner123456

I have no idea how to guess a time to book a shuttle to our hotel. If the ship itinerary says we dock at the ungodly hour of 5am what do you think is reasonable? We will not be in a huge hurry and we can carry our luggage off, but I would imagine it will be a zoo of people trying to get to the airports.

I'm sure it will be very loud so can't sleep in, but can we have a nice breakfast in the MDR and let the chaos die down? Or do they want you to leave your rooms super early? The shuttle someone on the roll call recommended is $70 for 2 people. That seems reasonable - any other recommendations? We don't have anything planned until 2pm that day so plenty of time.

thanks!

I have no idea how to guess a time to book a shuttle to our hotel. If the ship itinerary says we dock at the ungodly hour of 5am what do you think is reasonable? We will not be in a huge hurry and we can carry our luggage off, but I would imagine it will be a zoo of people trying to get to the airports.

I'm sure it will be very loud so can't sleep in, but can we have a nice breakfast in the MDR and let the chaos die down? Or do they want you to leave your rooms super early? The shuttle someone on the roll call recommended is $70 for 2 people. That seems reasonable - any other recommendations? We don't have anything planned until 2pm that day so plenty of time.

thanks!

Have to be out of your room by 8:00.

Stewart has a very short time to turn around 18 or so cabins.

We always eat breakfast in the DR. They are open until 8:30.

Private vans/coaches PU outside the terminal.

It's about an hour to FCO.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

It took us no time at all to get off the ship in Rome. If taking private transportation from the port, they shuttle you out of the port to a parking lot area. It took about 15-20 minutes for the bus to fill up and then about a 5 minute drive out to the parking lot area, if I recall correctly.

It took us no time at all to get off the ship in Rome. If taking private transportation from the port, they shuttle you out of the port to a parking lot area. It took about 15-20 minutes for the bus to fill up and then about a 5 minute drive out to the parking lot area, if I recall correctly.

I thought they picked up outside the terminal?

This is why looking looking on the Italy board is always a good idea...great for recent info.

That being said, I have not heard of any shuttling out of the port for private transfers. Yes, you shuttle out for train, and to do things in Civi. But not for private transfers.

For the OP, you aren't really in a rush to get on your private transfer. Schedule them for 8am. That will be fine.

With no plans till 2pm, you can adjust your disembarkation time in a manner without stress. You can schedule your transfer around 9 or 10am when there are less crowd, or at a ime you wish to choose for your transfer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just caught the train it took about an hour

Mind you we waited an hour on the wharf for free shuttle

Which dumps you at port gates

Then you gotta get a bus to station 2 euro its only a couple of minutes

It helps if you speak italian

When we docked it had rained the night before. We needed to be in the first group off. BUT when they put down the gang plank it was in a huge puddle of water. So, they took the gangway back up and moved the ship forward around 20 feet. Then put the gangway back down. They whole think took about an hour and really had us stressing since we had an early flight out of FCO.

• 1 year later...