itinerary

marky63

Starting to plan an Asia cruise. It will likely be our only one. Looking for itinerary about 14 days. Are there any ports/countries that are must sees. Considering Japan, china, Vietnam. We are very much open to suggestions. thanks

I have done two great Asia cruise - the first was RCCl from Shanghai with stops in China, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand with end in Singapore - the second was Celebrity from Singapore to Bali, Lombok, Komodo, Kuala Lumpur, Penang and Phuket and then back to Singapore.

My recommendation is a one-way cruise visiting Vietnam and Hong Kong

any thoughts on below. I've heard some say to skip Japan.

DayPort / DateArriveDepart1Singapore

Wednesday, April 15

5:00 PM2At Sea

Thursday, April 16

3Ho Chi Minh City (Phu My), Vietnam

Friday, April 17

7:00 AM5:30 PM4Nha Trang, Vietnam

Saturday, April 18

8:00 AM4:00 PM5Da Nang/Hue (Chan May),Vietnam

Sunday, April 19

10:00 AM7:00 PM6At Sea

Monday, April 20

7Hong Kong, China

Tuesday, April 21

7:00 AMOvernight Stay8Hong Kong, China

Wednesday, April 22

6:00 PM9At Sea

Thursday, April 23

10Taipei (Keelung), Taiwan

Friday, April 24

7:00 AM6:00 PM11At Sea

Saturday, April 25

12Kagoshima, Japan

Sunday, April 26

7:00 AM4:00 PM13Osaka, Japan

Monday, April 27

2:00 PM10:00 PM14At Sea

Tuesday, April 28

15Tokyo (Yokohama), Japan

Wednesday, April

• 11 months later...

Did a Baltic trip instead of Asia, but looking at asia in 2015. Are any ports a must? some hit China Vietnam and Japan. I'm worried we are trying to cover too much. I've heard some say leave Japan out of you first trip. I'd love input.

We did a Beijing to Bangkok cruise in 2013. Included in our cruise was a 3 day pre-cruise tour in Beijing, we added a overnight trip to Xian to see the Terracotta Warriors. It was a highlight and must see for us.

We enjoyed seeing the sites around Beijing but the traffic and smog were terrible, have to say I was glad to leave Beijing.

The stop in Shanghai was interesting. Due to a problem with the ship we missed one other port in China. We stopped in Hong Kong and i think it is a place to see. Fascinating.

One of the highlights and i would say a 'don't miss' is Ha Long Bay in Vietnam. A number of people took a tour to Hanoi instead of doing a tour of the bay. A very long hot day and it didn't sound like it was worth it. We also stopped in Saigon and found it interesting.

Our final stop was in Bangkok and I would recommend it. Our cruise also offered a 3 day post cruise tour to Cambodia to Angkor Wat and to me a must see.

We didn't get to Japan but booked a cruise with a number of stops there in 2015. It also includes a stop in Shanghai and one in Hong Kong and are happy to be going back to see more of them.

If I were you, I would start with the places you really want to see, then pick a cruise that goes there. Ha Long Bay near Hanoi is on my bucket list, so are Hong Kong and Singapore and ..... :)

I enjoy land tours much more than cruises, but we mix them because cruises are more relaxing.

Celebrity has an ongoing Discount Promo on its Celebrity Millenium 14-day Northeast Asia Cruise Sailing out of Yokohama on September 28, 2014. $ 910 Taxes included for an Inside Gty cabin. I got mine for $1,500 six months ago. Several of my friends got this 2days ago.

We have done a Singapore to Hong Kong cruise. I would say that Bangkok, Hong Kong and Halong Bay were the must see ports. We will be doing a Beijing to Tokyo 16 day cruise in March, since we enjoyed the first Asia cruise so much. Our goal was to find a cruise that went to Beijing, Shanghai and Tokyo. in the spring. Since there are so many places to visit in Asia, it is difficult to find just what you want. Pick your must see ports for your first cruise and you will probably decide that you might take a second one to Asia. :)