Asia river cruise with 14yr daughter

bouchee

Hi everyone, my first post here, so I. Do hope I am in the right area to ask this question.

We are wanting to take our 14 yr daughter with us on a cruise we think Vietnam to Cambodia.

My question is - are there triple rooms? I do not like the idea of her being in a room on her own.

Does anyone have info of any companies that have triple rooms ?

I have been searching the forums for a couple days now, and it would seem that teenagers do not do this sort of cruises.

Many thanks everyone.

Welcome to Cruise Critic and yes you found the right place to post your question. It is true that children are few and far between on river cruises. We had a young girl, probably 12 or 13, on our Danube cruise last Nov. I never saw her on any of the tours so perhaps her family booked private tours that were more tailored to her interests?

As for 3 to a cabin, that could be a bit of a search. Look at Tauck to see if they do the itinerary you are considering. Others have posted that they (Tauck) can accommodate families. If you are working with a travel agent they should know which lines offer cabins that hold 3 people. Perhaps a suite with a sleeper sofa? We were on AMA but since we did not have an occasion to speak with the couple that brought their daughter, I don't know how they arranged the cabin situation.

Others may post additional info for you. Good luck!

had a roll away cot(bed)in parents room.But would be tight in reg.cabin with your 14yr old.Would update to suite.Can always call the river companies that do this route and see what their policy is.That way you get the RIGHT answer.Or use a TA that knows FOR SURE.

Ours had a pool on top and cruise had 6 kids(mostly younger)onboard. They seemed to manage quite well. No real activity for kids per se,so hope she knows exactly WHAT cruise will be like.

Do read the reviews and make sure its right for all of you.We LOVED it,but everyone different.

Same thing with the hotels used, call ea.and make sure. Many companies will tell you what you WANT to hear, always doublecheck.

Not sure there is really enough for a young teen unless she is able to amuse herself even if she is used to spending much free time with adults....grandparents' age.

Not knowing

your/her interests but I think she would enjoy a Galapagos Islands or an African Safari.