UDP, Platinum and voucher for Bistro

Partyatsea

We (2 adults) are Plat latitude cruisers and will be cruising with our 2 sons in Dec. If we were to buy the UDP for ourselves would we be able to use the Plat vouchers for Le Bistro for the kids ? I know kids can eat free off the kids menu but ours are 16 and 14 and definitely eat like adults.

Good point. Have you used the vouchers before? Sounds like you have. Did they validate the voucher against your shipboard account in some way, by swiping your keycards for example? If not, I suppose you could purchase the UDP on board after you snap up the vouchers...

If they do validate them, I'd imagine they'd be invalid after the UDP was applied to the account.

Just thinking out loud here...

Edited by triptolemus

I think they ditch the voucher and give platinum members $20 off the UDP to compensate.

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/gifts-and-more#diningpackage

My take on it is they take $20 off the UDP because you will not be need the UDP the evening you use your Platinum voucher which also includes a bottle of wine. We will be finding out first hand the end of September when we try to let two of our adult sons use one of our vouchers since we both have the UDP. I have personally been able to use someone else's plat voucher (she was ill the last day of the cruise and couldn't use it) but she was not at dinner with us. I am platinum and had already used mine. We will be dining with our sons.

I would love to hear from anyone that has tried this before. :)

Edited by peg013

My platinum voucher was waiting in the cabin despite the fact that we'd booked with the UDP/UBP perk earlier this year. We simply took our kids & BIL with us & paid for just one half price kids' meal. We did the same at Cagney's with the Shareholder benefit. My experience this past week was that they want you to get the best deal - and be satisfied with your experience - they can give you. Enjoy!

Edited to add:

You can choose to bring your bottle of wine back to the cabin & take it home with you, if you'd like. Doing this allowed us to take more advantage of the UBP and try a variety of wines & cocktails on board without giving up the bottle of wine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by puddles99

My platinum voucher was waiting in the cabin despite the fact that we'd booked with the UDP/UBP perk earlier this year. We simply took our kids & BIL with us & paid for just one half price kids' meal. We did the same at Cagney's with the Shareholder benefit. My experience this past week was that they want you to get the best deal - and be satisfied with your experience - they can give you. Enjoy!

Edited to add:

You can choose to bring your bottle of wine back to the cabin & take it home with you, if you'd like. Doing this allowed us to take more advantage of the UBP and try a variety of wines & cocktails on board without giving up the bottle of wine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank You! Good to know about the shareholder benefit too! We have 7 other people with us this cruise so we have plenty to share with. :)

Good point. Have you used the vouchers before? Sounds like you have. Did they validate the voucher against your shipboard account in some way, by swiping your keycards for example? If not, I suppose you could purchase the UDP on board after you snap up the vouchers...

If they do validate them, I'd imagine they'd be invalid after the UDP was applied to the account.

Just thinking out loud here...

I'm thinking that if the family dines together, they'd be okay....We took family members with us and used all four meals at once in Le Bistro. Don't know if UDP would be a factor, though.

We (2 adults) are Plat latitude cruisers and will be cruising with our 2 sons in Dec. If we were to buy the UDP for ourselves would we be able to use the Plat vouchers for Le Bistro for the kids ? I know kids can eat free off the kids menu but ours are 16 and 14 and definitely eat like adults.

Patrick we just booked the October 19th BA I can get you a very definite answer if you can wait. We have given our platinum vouchers to fellow cruisers in the past since we get CAS vouchers as well so I don't think you will have a problem.

And of course my luck Adrian emailed me yesterday he is going on vacation the end of August :( So once again I miss him.

We decided to do one more cruise and then off the Hard Rock Punta Cana in January.

Andrea

I was on the Sun last month. They still do require the vouchers for the comp meal. I had forgotten mine and had to go back to my room to get it. Was told they have to have the paper work, match up with their "sales".

We had to book the October 19th the Haven was sold out on all the Bermuda sailings! I think everyone should join us and we can do a GSC Cabana Party

Did you book a cabana? I was planning on it! Could you look to see if there are more available for this sailing? XO :D