Island Tour

traveler73

• 2 weeks later...

We used Gordon last year, and all had a fabulous time! He's a songwriter and musician and had us singing along to one of his songs. I'll probably go back to Antigua this year for a land visit, and will definitely contact Gordon!

• 2 weeks later...
We are looking for a good island tour company? We know of Lawerence but is there anyone else? We want to see as much as possible but with very little or no beach time?

Our recent experience with Lawrence was less than stellar. He was not the tour guide. Our guide drove like all he could do was to go as fast as possible so his day could be over. Saw the sights, but we left wanting a better experience. Probably would book another company if we make it back to Antigua ever again.

• 1 month later...
We are using Scenic Tours Antigua in April. Very little on the boards about them so we are taking a chance, but they have positive reviews on TA. They offer an island tour without a beach stop.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Please let us know how it goes as I'm considering them for next year.

We had an excellent tour with Lawrence of Antigua. Leston ( Lawrence) was our guide and couldn't have been nicer. You have the option of going back to the ship or stopping at the beach and you can tell him when you'd like to be picked up.

Think it is worth requesting that he be your guide himself.

We had an excellent tour with Lawrence of Antigua. Leston ( Lawrence) was our guide and couldn't have been nicer. You have the option of going back to the ship or stopping at the beach and you can tell him when you'd like to be picked up.

Think it is worth requesting that he be your guide himself.

I booked a tour with Lawrence months before we went on our cruise in March and requested that he be our driver at that time. He jokingly replied that he would save us front row seats. :) Right before we left, I read a few negative comments about his tour both here and on Trip Advisor. I emailed him to ask about the complaints and confirm that he would definitely be our driver.

He responded that the complaints were unfounded, and that he could not guarantee that he would actually be our guide. Not what I wanted to read, so I cancelled. Perhaps the tour would have been gone well, but I really didn't have a good feeling about it at that point.

I was wondering about the negative reviews also but never asked him. He did confirm that he would be our guide; not sure I would have gone with anyone else. Surprising because he seems to have very high standards and I'd think he would expect the same for anyone who worked for him.

I was wondering about the negative reviews also but never asked him. He did confirm that he would be our guide; not sure I would have gone with anyone else. Surprising because he seems to have very high standards and I'd think he would expect the same for anyone who worked for him.

I agree, but I'm glad that you ended up with a good tour. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Please let us know how it goes as I'm considering them for next year.

We had a good day with Scenic Tours. Our driver was Jerome and it was just my husband and I, and another couple. Our guide was very, very talkative, but very informative. We went to Shirley Heights, the blockhouse ruins and Nelson's Dock yard. We also had our choice of beaches. I think he was going to take us to Turner Beach, but we ended up at Valley Church because the other couple wanted to go there.

For the price, it was a good tour. The van was clean, the driver informative and pleasant, and the island was beautiful. If you have any more questions, let me know.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

We had a good day with Scenic Tours. Our driver was Jerome and it was just my husband and I, and another couple. Our guide was very, very talkative, but very informative. We went to Shirley Heights, the blockhouse ruins and Nelson's Dock yard. We also had our choice of beaches. I think he was going to take us to Turner Beach, but we ended up at Valley Church because the other couple wanted to go there.

For the price, it was a good tour. The van was clean, the driver informative and pleasant, and the island was beautiful. If you have any more questions, let me know.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Thanks for letting me know. I've sent a few emails to Sean at Scenic Antigua Tours and he doesn't respond. Did you have to put down a deposit beforehand? That is the one issue with the company that I don't like.