Parking in Long Beach

mstxholdem

Nope, the port of LB Parking structure is there and the port is pretty isolated.... Except.... There is the Coast Hotel very close to the port. You can stay there like ALOT of cruisers do, and they let you park your car there for free for the duration of your cruise. They have a cruise hotel package you can get. Its a nice place to stay, and very safe.

Does anyone know of any parking lots/garages in Long Beach that may be cheaper than parking in the ship terminal lot?

I do know of a few that have pulled into the Coast parking lot, walked into the Lobby, through the Lobby, out the back door by the pool, and followed the harbor sidewalk all the way to the pier - it is about a half mile.

They dropped everyone off, and one person ran the car back, never said anything to the hotel, car was fine - I am not saying it is the RIGHT thing to do, you would be better off staying there and getting their package.

I always recommend the Coast, have stayed there many days...

There really is not anything else close that would be much better priced than the parking garage at the pier.

The Guest House International Hotel in Long Beach is much cheaper than the Coast Hotel. They don't advertise a "stay and sail" package, but they are more than happy to let you leave your car there for the duration of your cruise, and they have a free shuttle to the pier. If you are doing a 7 night cruise, a stay at the Guest House International will be cheaper than parking at the pier. If you are doing a shorter cruise, then it's less to park at the pier than to stay at a hotel.

Thanks for all the info. We don't need a hotel and we have two cars to park for a week! Trying to find a cheaper way. I kinda like the park and walk idea from mrdood, as long as we wouldn't get towed. Thanks again.

The Guest House International Hotel in Long Beach is much cheaper than the Coast Hotel. They don't advertise a "stay and sail" package, but they are more than happy to let you leave your car there for the duration of your cruise, and they have a free shuttle to the pier. If you are doing a 7 night cruise, a stay at the Guest House International will be cheaper than parking at the pier. If you are doing a shorter cruise, then it's less to park at the pier than to stay at a hotel.

Have you stayed at the Guest House?? I was just wondering what you thought of it........

Thanks for all the info. We don't need a hotel and we have two cars to park for a week! Trying to find a cheaper way. I kinda like the park and walk idea from mrdood, as long as we wouldn't get towed. Thanks again.

We've done the 'Park and Sail' package at the Coast Hotel twice and talked to the shuttle driver both times about how part of his job is to monitor the parking lots to keep an eye on the 'legal cars' and to 'do something' about the illegal cars, so it could be risky, unless he's too busy to notice your car for a week, you could get lucky, or not.

Have you stayed at the Guest House?? I was just wondering what you thought of it........

Yes, we stayed there before our April 22 Pride sailing. We didn't need a hotel, but since it worked out cheaper than parking at the pier, we started our vacation a day early.

The hotel staff is very friendly and nice, and the public areas are very nice. I thought it was too cold to swim when we were there, but the pool looked beautiful (there were some kids swimming when we were there, even though it was cold by Southern California standards anyway:cool: ).

The hotel itself is a basic motel, with exterior stairs leading to the second floor rooms. The room we stayed in had two double beds (not Queen beds - double beds), which were very comfortable. The air conditioning units were the old-fashioned turn-the-knob, sticking out of the wall type, but they seemed to work well (although it was cold outside, so I can't tell you how well they work in summer). The rooms also had a small refrigerator, and there are a couple of local restaurants which deliver.

They have a nice continental breakfast in the lobby, which includes two Belgian waffle makers (which very much impressed my daughter), cereal, fruit, juices, pastries, coffee, tea and the like. That was very nice.

When I checked in and told them that we would be sailing on the Pride the next day, they immediately had us choose a shuttle time (the shuttle is free), and funny enough we ended up riding with someone from our Cruise Critic Roll-Call:) . I filled out a slip of paper with my car information, and they told me to just leave the car in any of the parking spots - it's just regular outdoor parking.

All in all it was a clean, comfortable place to stay, with friendly service. It's not fancy, but then it doesn't have a fancy price. I would definitely stay there again before a 7 night cruise out of Long Beach.

Archived