Adventure of the Seas - A few questions

Hi All,

I will soon be going on the Adventure of the Seas and I have been told that you need to book for the shows as soon as you get on board as the good shows book up quickly.

Now is this for special shows like comedians etc or does this also incluide the showlounge.

I was also told that in the dining room it takes forever to serve your meals, is this true or do they start serving you as soon as everyone is sat down at your table.

Lastly has anyone ever put the 3 - 5 year old in the kids club and was it good.:)

Thanks K

Only the ice show has reservations and they are not available in advance. They will notify you onboard as to the process getting ice show tickets.

Regarding the dining room, if you mention to your server that you have a time constraint, they will do everything they can to meet it.

Edited by clarea

Hi All,

I will soon be going on the Adventure of the Seas and I have been told that you need to book for the shows as soon as you get on board as the good shows book up quickly.

Now is this for special shows like comedians etc or does this also incluide the showlounge. You cannot make reservations for shows on the Adventure. Ice skating show tickets will be made available some time in the afternoon on the day of the show. Tickets are on a first come - first served basis.

I was also told that in the dining room it takes forever to serve your meals, is this true or do they start serving you as soon as everyone is sat down at your table. Your wait staff will begin serving as soon as everyone at your table is seated. If your table finishes the first course quickly, then the second course will come out quicker. As Bob mentioned, let your wait staff know if you have time constraints, or for that matter, if you'd like to dine at a faster pace. The wait staff is very accommodating.

Lastly has anyone ever put the 3 - 5 year old in the kids club and was it good.:)

Thanks K

Enjoy your cruise!

Hope you enjoy the Adventure of the Seas as much as we do. We have been on three b2b on her and another for feb 2015 booked.

Crew is excellent and never ever had waits in the dining room. Have to say tho we have had same waiter for the past three years as we requested him after the first trip. Excellent room attendants.

If you miss getting a ticket to the ice show, there is a wait line outside and within 10 minutes or so of the show if there are available seats you may get in. We have done this in the past and enjoyed the ice shows.

Happy sailing!

Hope you enjoy the Adventure of the Seas as much as we do. We have been on three b2b on her and another for feb 2015 booked.

Crew is excellent and never ever had waits in the dining room. Have to say tho we have had same waiter for the past three years as we requested him after the first trip. Excellent room attendants.

If you miss getting a ticket to the ice show, there is a wait line outside and within 10 minutes or so of the show if there are available seats you may get in. We have done this in the past and enjoyed the ice shows.

Happy sailing!

wow sounds fab, how often is the Ice show?

Thank you for your replies everyone.

Do the seats in the shows get taken up quickly, we are on the early seating for lunch but dont want to miss out on the shows as we all enjoy them.

K

Depends on how many seats you want. With a party of two, you can probably have a good selection of seats 15 minutes before the show. The larger the party, the earlier you need to arrive in order to get seats together.

wow sounds fab, how often is the Ice show?

It varies. When you board you will get a a list of what not to miss items in your cabin. It will usually say.....for example on day 3 we will have two amazing ice shows...and so forth and you watch your compass that you get the night before for the times if you are without tickets. The welcome aboard show the first evening the cruise director will also say what is happening during your fabulous week and let everyone know the day and time to get ice show tickets. Some shows are in the afternoon also. Just depends on the itinerary too and weather...if the ship is rocking the ice show is usually delayed for everyone's safety.

None of the shows on Adventure are reservation-based. Only on the Oasis, Allure, and Quantum are reservations used for entertainment. The only ticketed show on the Adventure is the Ice show, which is free, but you need tickets which are given out earlier the same day of the performance on a first-come-first-serve basis. All other shows are just general admission. As others stated, depending on your party size, you may want to get to the show early (especially the main theater shows), but a party of two can usually find a space with less advance planning. With all but the welcome-aboard show, there are usually two performances of each headliner show, so if you have early seating, you will have no trouble making the late show and getting a good seat.

Overall, the main dining room is paced towards the slowest diner at the table, and is by default a somewhat leisurely meal. This is most noticeable on tables of 6 or more. If you let your waiter know that you have a show or activity to catch, though, he or she will do everything in their power to get you through at a comfortable but quick pace.

I cannot personally comment on the kid's program, but many reviews on here are generally positive on the programming.

Can I ask please has adventure of seas had an upgrade yet?

:)

Adventure just finished a quick dry dock, and many of the upgrades that went on other ships were skipped on Adventure.

Can I ask please has adventure of seas had an upgrade yet?

:)

Among other things, she just received new flat-screen TVs in all of the cabins, some new carpeting, a new faux teak deck around the pool and a large movie screen on the pool deck.