Help! I need hotels in Galveston with Transportation to the Port

stephaniemason0316

Usually, because I live on the West Coast, I take the Carnival Miracle and can tell you where hotels are with my eyes closed that offer transportation to the port!!!!!!

I have FINALLY gotten my hubby to fly (he hates flying :eek:) to Galveston so that we can take the Freedom 10/16/2015 but I don't know of any hotels that have transportation to the port! I have looked but don't seem to find any. I'd like to stay within at least $70-90 for one night.

Can anyone please help me????

Most of the hotels offer a shuttle but because the ports charge them a fee that fee is passed on to the rider. Our hotel (Country Inn and Suites) offers a shuttle but it costs $50 for the 2 of us! Ouch. Considering a cab in under $20 that's steep. The room (queen double) is about $150 for the night through hotels.com. Nothing less expensive had decent reviews. In fact we booked a couple of months ago and the same rooms are going for just under $200 (getting closer to sail date).

I live in Houston and visit Galveston as much as I can (it's an hour drive, on a good non-traffic day).

I hate to say this but Galveston Island and all their people seem to think all others want to visit, and elevate the prices of hotels to extremes. I seriously doubt you'll find anything for $70-90. And if you do, you'll turn around once you pull up and see what you just thought was a great deal. You might catch a small break now, after Labor Day, but prices are still high, to me.

Your cheapest route might be a Motel 6 or something like that off, or away from the sea wall, or away from things.

You might check

La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West

8710 Seawall Blvd,

Galveston, TX 77554

Phone: 1-409-740-9100

It probably matches your price point, has a free breakfast.

I think there is a charge for the shuttle, but if your driving the fee is

also for parking while your gone.

Stephanie, there is no airport in Galveston so I'm thinking you are flying into HOU Hobby? The airport is an hour away from the Galveston terminal. The info above is correct as far as the cost of hotels on the Island. Your best bet is to get a hotel near HOU then go back to the airport and take the Carnival transport to the terminal the day of your cruise. We sail out of and into the Island frequently since we live in Texas and we usually stay on the Island a few days precruise...one more tip, no hotels on the Island have a free shuttle to the cruise terminal, but it's only a $20. Taxi fare from most hotels to the terminal. Good luck! Alice

Stephanie, there is no airport in Galveston so I'm thinking you are flying into HOU Hobby? The airport is an hour away from the Galveston terminal. The info above is correct as far as the cost of hotels on the Island. Your best bet is to get a hotel near HOU then go back to the airport and take the Carnival transport to the terminal the day of your cruise. We sail out of and into the Island frequently since we live in Texas and we usually stay on the Island a few days precruise...one more tip, no hotels on the Island have a free shuttle to the cruise terminal, but it's only a $20. Taxi fare from most hotels to the terminal. Good luck! Alice

Correct. We take Super Shuttle to the Holiday Inn from Houston and then free shuttle from hotel to cruise port. Under 150 a night every time we've stayed. Once we drove from Denver and parked at the Holiday Inn for free for the week. Don't like staying by the airport; love enjoying Galveston for the evening!