Taxi in Dublin and Belfast

Does anyone know who has done this, what the cost of a taxi would be from the cruise port in Dublin to the city centre (Trinity College or Grafton Street)

In Belfast to the Titanic exhibit? and then to the town centre?

We have been to Dublin and Belfast twice on cruises. Shuttles were offered in Dublin to take us to the city, near Trinity. Cost was 5 euros pp, I believe.

As for Belfast, I don't remember if shuttles were available. They probably were. We docked across the river from the Titanic museum and dock where it was built. I don't think a taxi would be expensive.

We did a private tour to the Giant's Causeway, Rope Bridge with a city tour that was great, through Odyssey, in Belfast.

We walked into Dublin (Temple Bar area). It took a long time. We took a taxi back to the ship and it was L16. The shuttle was $8 each one way. I really think Princess over prices the shuttles when a taxi is the same price. If we had found another couple to share the taxi, Princess would have been twice as expensive.

In Dublin we were going to take a cab, because for three of us it was more it would have been $24.00 each way on the Princess shuttle. The cab 20.00. When we got into the taxi line at the port, someone told us about a tram. The walk to the tram station was 10-15 minutes. The tram ride was around 2euros. We enjoyed traveling like the locals, and experiencing more of the city.:)

• 1 year later...

From where you dock, Turn Left to the end of the road, then turn Left, walk to the port entrance, then turn Right, Walk straight ahead, and the 3 Arena is on your left. The Luas (Tram) goes from there to the city centre. As per the previous poster, about a 15 min walk.

From where you dock, Turn Left to the end of the road, then turn Left, walk to the port entrance, then turn Right, Walk straight ahead, and the 3 Arena is on your left. The Luas (Tram) goes from there to the city centre. As per the previous poster, about a 15 min walk.

From where you dock, Turn Left to the end of the road, then turn Left, walk to the port entrance, then turn Left, Walk straight ahead, and the 3 Arena is on your Right. The Luas (Tram) goes from there to the city centre. As per the previous poster, about a 15 min walk.