Rebel Yell and more

lisaem79

A few questions about being in Port in Tortola. Will be in port on November 21st from 8-6. Looking into the JVD excursion through NCL but wondered if this excursion will only have NCL guests on board? If this is a half day excursion what is there to do on Tortola to fill in the time before cruise departure? How much to tip the tour guides?

We loved this excursion through NCL. We chose the later of the two times offered on our cruise. Enjoyed the beach bars and just wandered around the port area shopping when we returned. Agree with hladygirl about being tired by the time we got back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Rebel Yell powercat / cruise line excursion is the best option for White Bay and fills up fast. Nice spot to relax with Bushwackers and Painkillers and enjoy Seddie's card and magic tricks, and because it can get crazy busy in the afternoons you may want the earlier option. And unless you just drink too much or get too much sun, stop by Sunny Caribbee and other shops.

I have done the NCL / Rebel Yell trip to JVD, and though the early excursion was good, the only thing opened at that time was the Soggy Dollar... If I had it to do over again, I would choose the second trip, so as to be able to enjoy the other bars / restaurants at White Bay.

• 1 month later...
A few questions about being in Port in Tortola. Will be in port on November 21st from 8-6. Looking into the JVD excursion through NCL but wondered if this excursion will only have NCL guests on board? If this is a half day excursion what is there to do on Tortola to fill in the time before cruise departure? How much to tip the tour guides?

We are also on this cruise with you....where are you finding the excursions already posted? They aren't showing up for me! Would love to explore our options!

We are also on this cruise with you....where are you finding the excursions already posted? They aren't showing up for me! Would love to explore our options!

They only have a few posted right now. The majority of excursions will open up about 90 days prior. I just knew from reading the forums on here about the Rebel Yell trip. Can't wait to book! Lisa