Piano player Michael Blackwell

Mr Robberts

• 5 years later...
On 8/4/2014 at 5:02 AM, www3traveler said:

No, Michael Blackwell was not on The Breakaway in April.

August 10, 2019 - I just found out yesterday after finding this website that my old friend Michael Blackwell had passed away. Do any of you have more information.I have attached a YouTube link containing my story and photo's of Mike. My e-mail is - bpprice@telus.net - YouTube Link - https://studio.youtube.com/video/RI7SKErD0Uk - I hope you can help me

On 8/3/2014 at 6:13 PM, njitalian76 said:

How did you hear of his passing? Do you know where he lived?

Sent from my iPhone 5s

August 10, 2019 - I just found out yesterday after finding this website that my old friend Michael Blackwell had passed away. Do any of you have more information.I have attached a YouTube link containing my story and photo's of Mike. My e-mail is - bpprice@telus.net - YouTube Link - https://studio.youtube.com/video/RI7SKErD0Uk - I hope you can help me

On 8/3/2014 at 4:18 PM, www3traveler said:

I think Michael was in his late 50's. I am not sure of the cause of his death. I do know that he had been ill for awhile. Yes, he was a Class act and will be missed by many.

On 8/3/2014 at 6:29 PM, www3traveler said:

I was notified of Michael's death by one of the other entertainers. He lived in Vancouver, British Columbia.

Michael died in May of 2014.  He died in the Philippines with his wife and her family.  He had been ill for a long time.  It was a very sad time for all who knew him.  The person who told me was also an Norwegian entertainer and she has since died. 

3 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

Michael died in May of 2014.  He died in the Philippines with his wife and her family.  He had been ill for a long time.  It was a very sad time for all who knew him.  The person who told me was also an Norwegian entertainer and she has since died. 

Thank You so much for this information. My heart is pounding. Sounds like you knew Michael well. Can I contact you by e-mail. - Best Regards, Brad Price in B.C. Canada. - bpprice@telus.net 

On 8/3/2014 at 6:29 PM, www3traveler said:

I was notified of Michael's death by one of the other entertainers. He lived in Vancouver, British Columbia.

13 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

If you watch the youtube link you will know a long time ago Michael and I were very good friends. I am now 67 years old. No wonder I can't find ab obit in BC Canada

42 minutes ago, Brad Price said:

If you watch the youtube link you will know a long time ago Michael and I were very good friends. I am now 67 years old. No wonder I can't find ab obit in BC Canada

I’m sorry for his passing and your grief, Brad.  He made many people happy and forget their troubles with his talent.  The world is a lesser place without Michael.

1 hour ago, www3traveler said:

Just to make sure this Michael Blackwell is the Michael Blackwell that you know.I have attached a photo of My Long Time Good friend Michael Blackwell. Please confirm this is the Piano Player we all know. 

Michael Blackwell & Brad Price.jpg

12 minutes ago, Son of a son of a ... said:

I’m sorry for his passing and your grief, Brad.  He made many people happy and forget their troubles with his talent.  The world is a lesser place without Michael.

So many wonderful comments from so many people. Make's me feel a little happiness for my old friend . When we were young, we traveled the world together for free. How...Both of our wives who became good friends worked for an airline. Many Great Memories. I guess Mike died doing what he loved most, Playing his Music and seeing the world. Does any one know what Mike died of. Is Mike Buried in the Philippines. - If you would like to see some happy days from long ago - Please see my YouTube Slideshow (Only 9 Photo's) - https://studio.youtube.com/video/RI7SKErD0Uk

33 minutes ago, Son of a son of a ... said:

Sounds like Mike had another good friend- ("You" Being a Son of a Son) . Can you tell me who you are and how you knew Mike.- bpprice@telus.net. - One more question, was Mike living in the Philippines or Vancouver

At the time of his death, he was living in The Philippines with his new wife and her family.  He met her on The Gem-- she was staff.

Michael was well loved by the staff of the Gem, the staff and his many many friends.

Michael was what I call as a "Piano Purest".  He did not attach anything to his piano.  He was just him, his big black notebooks and the piano.

46 minutes ago, Brad Price said:

Just to make sure this Michael Blackwell is the Michael Blackwell that you know.I have attached a photo of My Long Time Good friend Michael Blackwell. Please confirm this is the Piano Player we all know. 

Thank You for this wonderful picture of Michael.  Brings back many many fond memories.  Not sure where he is buried.  He was a gentleman in every sense of the word.  Very sad loss for many including me.

Do you have an e-mail address

Maybe you could send me your phone number.

I will call you if that is OK and have a chat.

PS...I am older (67)  married for 33 years and harmless and I don't bite

bpprice@telus.net