Orvieto or Lake Bracciano

amyscruising

• 2 weeks later...

Have not done official tours, but have been to Bracciano independently by train from Rome & absolutely loved it! Beautiful lake, castle, incredible food, the day was simply perfect.....we were there during riposo hours & still had a delightful time.

I have heard rave reviews about Civita di Bagnoregio, but have not been. There are older Threads on this Forum with info.

Good luck & enjoy Italy!!

I don't do tours, but I have driven myself from Rome to Orvieto (and onward to Chianti and Florence). I did the drive specifically to go to Orvieto. I'm a ceramics nut and Orvieto is one of the ceramics centers of Italy. So many shops with great offerings. The church in the main piazza is also worth a visit - the exterior is fabulous.

Anyone?

I would recommend Orvieto and Civita Bagnaregio.....Orvieto has wonderful shops for Pottery and the Church is so beautiful. Civita B is unique...look at it on google to see where it sits. Romeinlimo is the very best company that I have experienced in Italy. Oh, if you like wine....the shop in Orvieto sells some wonderful stuff. Can I come along?

I'm with the others! I have been to both but on my own. I love Orvieto. We are going back to Tuscany in September and it will be our first stop after we leave the Rome airport. Will have lunch and shop some before we head to Montepulchiano. Hope you have a great trip! It is hard to find a bad place to visit in Italy!