NCL has one of best sanitation records

david_sobe

NCL has a fantastic sanitation record, but the notion that none of their ships have failed a CDC inspection in over 10 years is false. Pride of Aloha had a failing score of 78 in 2008.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2558

I think the Pride of America is technically in a different division of NCL. Aren't they NCL America or something? It's like Carnival also owns Princess, but they are considered different lines. I'm guessing that's why the POA failure was not noted in the article.

Noro outbreaks have little to do with sanitation records though...(usually a sick person brings it aboard or crewmember)

Food poisoning would be more indicitive from a cleanliness report.

Loved the link to the CDC webpage though...

Nice to see a factual list of cruiseship outbreaks, rather than the lists from memory that get posted on these boards constantly...(that conviently leave out somebody's favorite cruiseline's incidents, while bashing another line)

I think the Pride of America is technically in a different division of NCL. Aren't they NCL America or something? It's like Carnival also owns Princess, but they are considered different lines. I'm guessing that's why the POA failure was not noted in the article.

NCL America was not nearly as autonomous as some of the subsidiaries under Carnival Corp. The Honolulu office had well under 100 employees during their peak. Miami always had full control over the operation and should be held responsible for any uniform sanitation standards. The fact that the article omitted it was poor journalism.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Being a germ-o-phobe, this is good to read. Thanks for posting. On another note, those nasty noro bugs are bad this year all over. It is a shame when the news media makes noro bug outbreaks to be simply cruise ship related.