Expensive excursion!

Shellbelle28

I was looking over excursions available for the Alaska itineraries on the NCL site and noticed this one costs $9999999! That must be some fantastic snack they give you!

I know they're very expensive, but........ that's pretty funny.....LOL

When I did my Alaska cruise many years back, we did an excursion in every port. Most of them were a waste of money - some were simply silly.

The ONLY excursion that I would HIGHLY recommend - even considering the very high price - is the helicopter ride to the glacier - and then walking around on the glacier. If you can only afford one excursion - do that one!

Just my opinion :)

If you follow that excursion all the way through booking in the end it will tell you that the price has not yet been established for that excursion, please try later.

I am just happy they finally released the Alaska excursions, I've been waiting to book some since March. Of course two of the four we want to go on are $99999999999, oh, well.

The ONLY excursion that I would HIGHLY recommend - even considering the very high price - is the helicopter ride to the glacier - and then walking around on the glacier. If you can only afford one excursion - do that one!

Unfortunately, I do not think I'd be able to get DH to go on a helicopter. :D

Is this price in local currency?

:p

I was watching "The Amazing Race" Sunday and one of the tasks was to earn 30,000 Indonesian rupiah in Jojakarta and then donate it to an orphanage. I did the conversion... it was about $3.50US. Maybe the excursion is in rupiah LOL.

I know they're very expensive, but........ that's pretty funny.....LOL

When I did my Alaska cruise many years back, we did an excursion in every port. Most of them were a waste of money - some were simply silly.

I totally agree!!! When we went Alaska it was the highlight of the cruise. I wasn't too excited about the helicopter ride, but it was absolutly breath taking and never regretted the experience.

I totally agree!!! When we went Alaska it was the highlight of the cruise. I wasn't too excited about the helicopter ride, but it was absolutly breath taking and never regretted the experience.

I was really looking forward to the helicopter ride since I had never been in a helicopter before. When we got to the helicopter, and realized that the pilot was a teenage girl (maybe 19?), we got a little (OK - a LOT) worried.

She smiled when we expressed concern, and explained that it's normal for lots of folks to get their helicopter's license before their driver's license in that part of Alaska. (I guess cars are useless in many areas.)

It was a smooth and incredible ride - the scenery was breathtakingly beautiful. Everyone should to that at least once in their lifetime.

I was really looking forward to the helicopter ride since I had never been in a helicopter before. When we got to the helicopter, and realized that the pilot was a teenage girl (maybe 19?), we got a little (OK - a LOT) worried.

She smiled when we expressed concern, and explained that it's normal for lots of folks to get their helicopter's license before their driver's license in that part of Alaska. (I guess cars are useless in many areas.)

It was a smooth and incredible ride - the scenery was breathtakingly beautiful. Everyone should to that at least once in their lifetime.

for the record: I had my first flying lesson from my Uncle(a WWII Marine Raider & Korean War Marine Pilot and 30 Yr, NYPD Pilot) at age 12, Had my Jr. Pilot's license before my Jr. Driving License, and was learning to Fly Helicopters for the US Army at 19....

I'd be worried if that pilot was 97 year old man with no toes..but not a 19 y.o. girl...:cool:

Bill(DrFootball)

"there are Pilots, then there are ARMY pilots…"

Bill's Brainiac Random Quote Generator V0.95 final beta for Mac

I was watching "The Amazing Race" Sunday and one of the tasks was to earn 30,000 Indonesian rupiah in Jojakarta and then donate it to an orphanage. I did the conversion... it was about $3.50US. Maybe the excursion is in rupiah LOL.

Thank you for posting this. I was going to do the conversion but forgot. I'm glad they made them donate all their money!

We went on this tour back in 2003 - if you have not been on the floor of a temperate rain forrest it is a great one to do. As for costs, I have been in touch with some tour operators and they all have said that they won't have pricing until late November at the earliest. I would not expect NCL to have all of their 2012 excursions priced out until then either.

I have not had the extra $$$ to do a heli tour - as for a 19yr old pilot -well in AK I think being able to fly is more important than learning to drive as there is way more planes than cars.

Thank you for posting this. I was going to do the conversion but forgot. I'm glad they made them donate all their money!

I imagine they had no clue about what it was in US$ at the time, but I agree, turning all the money in their pockets over was a good thing. My husband was disgusted that none of them gave extra money without being prompted but I'd probably have been worried that I'd need it further along.

Archived