What is the difference between the new American Table menu and the old menus?

Carleeb12

To put sauce on my potato, to spoon the garlic from the escargot on the bread and a dozen other uses.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone spooning sauce on a potato. It probably happens but I doubt by very many. Personally I dip bread in the escargot juice so no spoon needed for that. If needed for dessert, they bring at the appropriate time.

Why should the default be what most people won't use? Seems like such a waste. When you ask for a spoon, have you ever been turned down?

The pie is simply one option, with a different kind served each night. There are other choices. No one is forced to eat delicious pie.

As for simply warming up a pie, I'm not believing that rumor. I'll ask next cruise. Even if the pies are frozen, it is time consuming to bake them.

In the interest of facts, please provide the numbers of how much it costs Carnival in money and time for pies and ice cream versus bread pudding (perhaps made with stale bread) or Grand Marnier souffle. I have no idea what Grand Mariner souffle is.

First world problems. God Bless them. :p

Really?

I am supposed to have access to Carnival's time and motion studies and food costs?

Oh, bitter and blanc is not made with stale bread.

And it contains a relatively substantial amount of dark chocolate and white chocolate.

And Grand Mariner souffle was one of Carnival's specialities until recently.

It is a souffle made in individual ramekins and served with a hot vanilla sauce.

It is made from eggs and flavored with Grand Mariner liquor.

Both of those deserts, which were previously common on Carnival menus, are more labor internsive than pie.

Ever heard the saying "As easy as pie"?

Well, there you are...

Really?

I am supposed to have access to Carnival's time and motion studies and food costs?

Oh, bitter and blanc is not made with stale bread.

And it contains a relatively substantial amount of dark chocolate and white chocolate.

And Grand Mariner souffle was one of Carnival's specialities until recently.

It is a souffle made in individual ramekins and served with a hot vanilla sauce.

It is made from eggs and flavored with Grand Mariner liquor.

Both of those deserts, which were previously common on Carnival menus, are more labor internsive than pie.

Ever heard the saying "As easy as pie"?

Well, there you are...

You stated that both were more expensive and time consuming than pie, I was simply asking for some facts to back up your assertion. Obviously Carnival costs would be substantially lower than what it would cost you or me.

Grand Marnier Souffle is on the menu, so not sure why you bring that up

WCMC has lots of dark chocolate (real chocolate) and is available every night. I suspect more chocolate than Bitter and Blanc. Both were creations of Georges Blanc who long ago left Carnival. Hopefully Carnival is paying him royalties or something.

Since pie is so easy, what makes you think Carnival isn't making the pies on the ships, using pie crust dough from shore?

To put sauce on my potato, to spoon the garlic from the escargot on the bread and a dozen other uses.

I can't imagine that when they hand you the menu if you ask for a spoon to be brought they would look at you like you had a eye in the center of your forehead. Just ask for a spoon. I'm not getting the big deal. More people don't use the spoon but still require it to be washed than those like you that have a use for the spoon. Why does everything need to be a big deal?

I liked some of it, some nights nothing is to my taste. I miss the tablecloths but more than that the silverware! No spoon unless you order soup, no salad fork. It's turning into Denny's.

I know we have discussed this quite a few times before, but the silverware layout is exactly the same for the old menu vs the new menu. At least on the Glory (my first 2 cruises on her I had the old menus, the most recent 5 had new) and Conquest (old menu January 2014).

I know we have discussed this quite a few times before, but the silverware layout is exactly the same for the old menu vs the new menu. At least on the Glory (my first 2 cruises on her I had the old menus, the most recent 5 had new) and Conquest (old menu January 2014).

On the Sunshine in May with the new menu the table was set with only 1 fork and a knife. If you wanted anything else you had to ask. If you left your fork in your salad/appetizer dish you had to ask for another for your entrée. The same with desert.

Don't know about cost or suppliers for the new menu but the short ribs and brisket were not at all as tender as they were in January on the same ship.

On the Sunshine in May with the new menu the table was set with only 1 fork and a knife. If you wanted anything else you had to ask. If you left your fork in your salad/appetizer dish you had to ask for another for your entrée. The same with desert.

Don't know about cost or suppliers for the new menu but the short ribs and brisket were not at all as tender as they were in January on the same ship.

Yep. That's the same way it was set for all of my Carnival Cruises both new and old menus since I came back after cruising Celebrity for 5 years.