What is the difference between the new American Table menu and the old menus?

Carleeb12

I will absolutely say that Bitter n Blanc is not on the American Menu for 7 night cruises. I have read that it is on longer cruises. I will see if it is on our 8 night cruise next year.

Some items have been removed, some have changed how they are prepared (the Sweet & Sour Shrimp I had on the Magic in March was totally different from what was on the old menus), and some entrees seem smaller (which is OK with me). But the big difference seems to be the desserts. Most are new and they may look good but most have no taste. I noticed the same thing in the buffet.

No, it is not on the menu anymore unfortunately, and has not been for some time. :(

It is NOT part of the American Table/feast menu... I guess we know where rumors that it is there come from... Again, it is NOT part of themes menu and has been removed... Seems like a silly thing to remove being it was popular AND cheap to make!!

It certainly is on the menu. I had it on Carnival Vista.

We had it on the Breeze in December as well (8-day sailing WITH the American Table menu). I'm a WCMC gal myself, but one of my traveling companions was quite pleased she could get the BnB....and she did....more than one of them :D

It was not on the Glory or Miracle and the Splendor M'atrie D said it would be removed when AT was implemented.... I asked for it on the Glory and they said it was no longer offered with AT

The removed Bitter n Blanc from the new menu.... One of my favorites! And honestly, it baffles me why they removed it... Seems that "bread pudding" is inexpensive, easy to mass produce and was rather well liked? Things that make you go hmmmmm?

I thought that was horrible! I have been told I need to remember to order two of the sauces to pour on the very dry bread cubes and just maybe that might have made a difference.

I liked some of it, some nights nothing is to my taste. I miss the tablecloths but more than that the silverware! No spoon unless you order soup, no salad fork. It's turning into Denny's.

What would you need a spoon for if you didn't order soup? Why should they have to clean a utensil that wasn't even used? Makes sense they'd bring the spoon with the soup. I'm not getting your problem with that.

Please on the Denny's comparison.

The no tablecloths are clearly more contemporary and many high end five start type restaurants throughout the country have designed their new restaurants without tablecloths. I like the look much better without them. I think some people just don't like change.

It was not on the Glory or Miracle and the Splendor M'atrie D said it would be removed when AT was implemented.... I asked for it on the Glory and they said it was no longer offered with AT

With the menus dated Jan 2016, I believe it is back on. Perhaps it hasn't trickled down.

I had the "old" American Table menu on Liberty and loved it, then we had the, I guess, new "American Table" on Conquest and didn't like it. I loved their flatbread with caramelized onions on the appetizers menu and among other things it was gone on the "new" menu. I noted that the appetizers "for the table" seem to be gone. I dunno, I enjoyed that.

</script>_Editor_001_textarea" rows="10" cols="60" style="display:block; width:540px; height:250px" tabindex="1" dir="ltr">

We had it on the Breeze in December as well (8-day sailing WITH the American Table menu). I'm a WCMC gal myself, but one of my traveling companions was quite pleased she could get the BnB....and she did....more than one of them :D

Just like I said. Bitter n Blanc appears to have been removed from the 7 day cruises but is available on the longer cruises. Just because someone had it on an 8 or longer cruise does not mean it is available for the 7 day cruises like it used to be. I will see if it is on my 8 day Conquest cruise next year.

Bitter and Blanc IS available. Certainly on 7 day cruises. Where do these false rumors come from?

Because it is gone from the 5 day menu.

If you like pie, then you are in luck.

Pie, pie, pie...

Heating up premade pie probably cuts back on labor.

Edited by mzloolue

Because it is gone from the 5 day menu.

If you like pie, then you are in luck.

Pie, pie, pie...

Heating up premade pie probably cuts back on labor.

So is lobster - new or old menus.

You can have a different dessert every night, even on 5 day cruises, and never touch a pie. I do think most of the pies are delicious.

Lol. Another American Table menu thread turning into a tablecloth thread when the OP said nothing about tablecloths.

facepalm.jpg

That was my reaction to the first "I miss tablecloths" comment! :D

To prevent further thread drift...

The true & short answer, they abbreviated the menu so that there'd be less food loss costs per cruise and the food quality hasn't declined despite what detractors have claimed.

We had the old menu in January and the new one in May.

In January I had a hard time narrowing down which entrée I wanted to order.

In May I had a hard time even finding an entrée I wanted to order.

I too miss the tablecloths - water does pool on the table from water glass condensation and results in drips in your lap..

I have to agree with this one.

As I recall from our last 5 night cruise with the American Table menu the 4th night was really awful, so as soon as we saw the menu posted we tried to get a Steakhouse reservation, but they were booked solid. We ended up having shrimp cocktail and salad for dinner that night.

So, on our next 5 night cruise we are going armed with a steakhouse reservation for the first and 4th nights.

Not only do you end up with a wet table and wet sleeves, but at breakfast if you are in the aft dining room the glassware and bottles jump off the table when they use the thrusters to dock. The poor waiters tried to save as much glassware as possible, but we ended up getting pelted with broken glasses and splashed with A-1 when the bottle bounced off the table and shattered. The waiters told us they would much rather have the table cloths back.

Edited by DebJ14

Delicious or not, warming up a pie from a bakery is much less time consuming than making bread pudding or a Grand Mariner souffle.

Cheaper too.

The pie is simply one option, with a different kind served each night. There are other choices. No one is forced to eat delicious pie.

As for simply warming up a pie, I'm not believing that rumor. I'll ask next cruise. Even if the pies are frozen, it is time consuming to bake them.

In the interest of facts, please provide the numbers of how much it costs Carnival in money and time for pies and ice cream versus bread pudding (perhaps made with stale bread) or Grand Marnier souffle. I have no idea what Grand Mariner souffle is.

First world problems. God Bless them. :p

That was my reaction to the first "I miss tablecloths" comment! :D

To prevent further thread drift...

The true & short answer, they abbreviated the menu so that there'd be less food loss costs per cruise and the food quality hasn't declined despite what detractors have claimed.

And yet, if you check previous post #14 you will see where they state that there are more of the appetizer/salad/soups and more of the entrees and certainly more options for sides and the same for desserts. So, your claim of abbreviated menus for less food costs doesn't quite work.

What would you need a spoon for if you didn't order soup? Why should they have to clean a utensil that wasn't even used? Makes sense they'd bring the spoon with the soup. I'm not getting your problem with that.

Please on the Denny's comparison.

To put sauce on my potato, to spoon the garlic from the escargot on the bread and a dozen other uses.