FLL 10:35am Flight Time

Empehi

My son missed his 10:24 flight 3/05/16 from FLL to DAY. There were delays getting ship cleared in port-delays for customs/security. This was the only flight for Allegient that day. He was able to get on a flight at 2:30 from American. (We were on different flight going to BNA.)

It can be done, but it stinks when there are delays/disruption occur. Our cruise next year will not have flight before noon.

We spoke with several people that got caught in that mess. We came off the Getaway and were through airport security (Southwest) by 8:30. I commented to the TSA agent checking IDs that I had never seen FLL this calm and he confirmed that it was unusual. I figured one of the big Royal ships had been delayed somehow. We spoke to others that missed their early flights.

Honestly, I would book an early flight, but be prepared (and accepting) if something goes wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

For a Fort Lauderdale arrival does anyone have experience with booking flights from FLL for a transatlantic scheduled to arrive at 4 am? I am on the RCL Freedom coming in on Nov 5. According to the port schedule, there are 6 ships in port that day. Allure is the only other RCL ship and is due in at 6:15. Freedom is the first to arrive by 2 hours.

I've seen comments that a 10:30 flight could be reasonable, but not without the usual comments about the risk of late arrival. I came in last November on the Harmony TA and casually self disembarked with the masses around 8:30 am and was at the airport by 9:30. Unfortunately I wasn't paying close attention to the timing because I had a midday flight.

I plan to get the customs app for this trip, but my impression was that it really didn't make much difference last time. I do have TSA precheck as well as carry on luggage.

Coming off Holland at 7AM.

Just this past week HAL's Zuiderdam was over an hour late and friends of mine who had VIP disembarkation said that they did not get off the ship until 9 AM. A 10-10:30 am flight would be close in this case.