Time in Curaçao.

cruznqueen

Can anyone tell me if island time is the same as ship time.

We will be on the conquest next week and have arranged a private tour.

Tour guide says pick up will at 2:30 local time. Our ship is due to arrive at 2:00pm.

Any help, please

Unless you are told otherwise by the ship, ships adjust their time to the port they will be visiting. The ship may choose not to adjust to local time when there are multiple close together crossings of the International Date Line or the local time is 30 minutes different which does happen in some places, or for other good reasons. On our recent port call in Curaçao ship time was the same as local time.

Edited by MartinCA

Next week it will be same time because carnival does not change time and time based on the port you leave from is ship time. And since we are not on day light saving the time will be same as ship time

Sent from my iPad using Forums

hello Mabones.....I planned my own shore excursion with "around curacao tours". I can let you know when I return what I thought of him. He is doing a 4 hour tour to a beach, flamingos, short city tour and whatever else we want.

So, if they are an hour later. Should I advise this guide to meet us at 3:30pm Curacao time?

• 1 month later...
hello Mabones.....I planned my own shore excursion with "around curacao tours". I can let you know when I return what I thought of him. He is doing a 4 hour tour to a beach, flamingos, short city tour and whatever else we want.

So, if they are an hour later. Should I advise this guide to meet us at 3:30pm Curacao time?

From what I am understanding...is that you will be on the same time as they are when we get there...because we spring ahead an hour on March 12th and they don't. 2:30 should be the correct time...but best to check with the tour guides. Also, your private tour sounds like the same thing I want to do. What was their price for that?

Mabones...We are on the Sunshine on March 25th. Are you on the same one? Come join our Roll

Call and Meet & Mingle if you haven't already. :)