What is your favorite month to cruise

KsCrafter

Jan/Feb - we've found weather to be in the 80's throughout the Caribbean this time of year - not as many kids either. Seriously, for us this time works the best with our work and I love looking forward to it during the hustle and bustle of the holidays - down-side? My tree usually doesn't get taken down until after we're back.

I think for anyone who enjoys cruises, ANY month is a good month ! LOL DH and I cruised to the Bahamas in July and had VERY rough seas. Second cruise, we figured we'd try January and AGAIN had very rough seas. When I say rough, 75% of the ship was sick on both cruises !

Third cruise left out of NYC in March, and it was by far the smoothest.

I'm giving January another shot.... hope it's a good sail ! Nothing worse than being on a rough sail and having all the outter decks closed !!

Only so much Bingo one person can play !:D

We like to go the end of January. We have never had bad weather, other than a bit windy, but always plenty warm to enjoy the ship and the ports. No hurricanes in January either! And the prices are still lower than they are Feb. & March. Also, fewer children on board as they are typically in school then. I don't mind kids, just not hoards and hoards of them at once like you can get during spring break.

We want to go on another cruise, but we are in a delima of when the best time to go is. Tell us you favorite time to cruis and why then. I know any time is a good time... Thanks

We like to cruise in late February or early March when we need to escape the cold in New England and there are fewer children on board.

January- Cool enough to enjoy and warm enough to enjoy

February- SuperBowl weekend is a great time to cruise.

March- Cruise in like a Lion. Cruise out like a Lamb.

April- My Anniversary month so also very good.- Also weather is awesome. (Dont forget Spring Break)

May- Kids not out of school but the prices are usually very high.

June- Do you like kids? If so- this is the month for you.

July- Usually no hurricanes (yet) but prices are high, very hot on Lido deck and lots of kids.

August- Buy Insurance

September- Plan on using your insurance because there is a good chance you will be somehow affected by a hurricane.

October- Beginning is sketchy but the end of the month is awesome. Weather just starting to cool in Florida and the water is usually like glass.

November- this is my favorite month to cruise. The weather is just right, the prices are manageable, if you like kids you can cruise during the Thanksgiving break. If not, go the week before.

December- could be hot or cold. This month is a tricky one for weather. But the ships are usually decorated for the Holidays so that is an added bonus.

that being said- I will cruise any month I can get myself on a ship.

january- cool enough to enjoy and warm enough to enjoy

february- superbowl weekend is a great time to cruise.

March- cruise in like a lion. Cruise out like a lamb.

April- my anniversary month so also very good.- also weather is awesome. (dont forget spring break)

may- kids not out of school but the prices are usually very high.

June- do you like kids? If so- this is the month for you.

July- usually no hurricanes (yet) but prices are high, very hot on lido deck and lots of kids.

August- buy insurance

september- plan on using your insurance because there is a good chance you will be somehow affected by a hurricane.

October- beginning is sketchy but the end of the month is awesome. Weather just starting to cool in florida and the water is usually like glass.

November- this is my favorite month to cruise. The weather is just right, the prices are manageable, if you like kids you can cruise during the thanksgiving break. If not, go the week before.

December- could be hot or cold. This month is a tricky one for weather. But the ships are usually decorated for the holidays so that is an added bonus.

That being said- i will cruise any month i can get myself on a ship.

best answer! There's something for everybody in each of the 12 months

Some depends on where you are cruising.....we tend to be caribbean cruisers and pick May or Oct most of the time. However we just came back, first time for us in Dec and I must say the weather was so much nicer. Still sunny and hot but not as much humidity. We did Mexican Riviera in April and it was to cold to get in the water and I hear June/July is great for Alaska. Guess it also depends where you live as Feb might be perfect if you get snow like we do. I avoid summer as I dont want to pay the high rates to be on a ship full of kids.

NOVEMBER

• It's not scorching hot like during the summer
  • Hurricane season is basically over
  • Rock bottom pricing
  • Fellow Passengers (off season tends to attract a more low key and toned down group of fellow passengers).
  • It's our Anniversary month! :)

When I was single, living in Miami and my BFF worked for RCCL, it was anytime we could get our hands on a cabin!

Now that I'm in the midwest, married and the kids are grown, we tend to sail in late Jan or Feb. I have to get out of the cold tundra and this breaks it up nicely for me. Only 47 more days until I'm in the sunny Caribbean again. :)

We want to go on another cruise, but we are in a delima of when the best time to go is. Tell us you favorite time to cruis and why then. I know any time is a good time... Thanks

Early part of December, before the children are on Christmas break and late September, when the children are back in school!