Bidding for Priceline Hotel - Copenhagen

Is anyone having any luck with bidding on Priceline for a hotel in Copenhagen this summer?

I've been on the biddingfortravel website, but haven't seen much activity.

At this point, I'm interested in trying for Priceline. So I want to hear what anyone else's experience has been.

If Priceline doesn't work, I have some backups in mind, so I'm not looking for hotel suggestions. I'm just looking for anyone who has tried Priceline recently.

Thanks!

Is anyone having any luck with bidding on Priceline for a hotel in Copenhagen this summer?

At this point, I'm interested in trying for Priceline. So I want to hear what anyone else's experience has been.

If Priceline doesn't work, I have some backups in mind, so I'm not looking for hotel suggestions. I'm just looking for anyone who has tried Priceline recently.

Thanks!

We were successful with a bid of $104 for the Marriott for this summer, but we bid many months ago. At this price, I was ok with giving Priceline my money early.

We were successful with a bid of $104 for the Marriott for this summer, but we bid many months ago. At this price, I was ok with giving Priceline my money early.

Perfect. This is exactly what I was looking for.

I have been successful with the Copenhagen Marriot twice before (once in 2007 and another time in 2009). I just booked a cruise and now I will need a night in Copenhagen. So I was hoping to get the Copenhagen Marriott via Priceline again for around the $99-$110 mark. I'm still 5 months out, and I just started trying, so I will keep going.

I just wanted to make sure I was in the "ball park" with my bid.

I was bidding for a 4* in Copenhagen in May. No luck up to $150.00.

Marriott seems to be the only 4*. I don't know what the 3* might be, so I am reluctant to bid.

Agreed, I am reluctant to change too to a 3*. Not sure what those are. And I wouldn't bid $150 for a 3* either.

I think that in the low $100s, the 4* Copenhagen Marriott is nice. It's not a "traditional" Danish hotel. But being from the States, the quality, comfort and size is what we are used to here.

It also may not be right in the city center, but it's close to the train station, and just a 5 minute walk from the Stroget.

I don't need the room until the end of August, so I'm going to keep bidding and hope that I get it! Fingers crossed.

When I tried bidding for the Copenhagen Marriott for the first time in 2007 it took me almost 2 months of bidding to get the room. When I tried bidding in 2009, it took me 2 days to get my bid accepted. I guess you just never know.

When I tried bidding for the Copenhagen Marriott for the first time in 2007 it took me almost 2 months of bidding to get the room. When I tried bidding in 2009, it took me 2 days to get my bid accepted. I guess you just never know.

Do you recall what the rack rates were for the Marriott when you were successful bidding on Priceline? Now the rack rate is over $360.

In the early fall I got the Marriott for first my first bid of $110 (for 2 nights in July). I have been following posts on a number if the roll calls for the summer Baltic cruises and fellow cruises are reporting no luck with $120 and up. I hope your persistence pays off for you.

Do you recall what the rack rates were for the Marriott when you were successful bidding on Priceline? Now the rack rate is over $360.

Yeah, when I had been bidding successfully, the rack rate was in the $300s as well. I think I had priced it at $340 before.

You've given me hope that I'll be able to get the Copenhagen Marriott!

Thanks!

No luck whatsoever. Trying to bid a 4 star hotel for July 17. Priceline says average hotel is $284. Just tonight I put $213 and nothing....

Archived