bar hop / party bus to the eastern side

maritch

Has anyone ever done the Cozumel Bar Hop to the Eastern side of the island? We are going to be there in May and was thinking about doing this so we can get the chance to see the eastern side of Cozumel. It gets really good reviews on trip advisor.

Has anyone ever done the Cozumel Bar Hop to the Eastern side of the island? We are going to be there in May and was thinking about doing this so we can get the chance to see the eastern side of Cozumel. It gets really good reviews on trip advisor.

Normally the search engine of this forum would give you several threads on this subject but since the search is still down here are a couple of recent threads

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1975026

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1985068

We have taken this tour and enjoyed it!

Thanks for the links! :) I think we are learning toward trying this however I contacted the them on their website and they do not have anyone booked yet for the date we will be there. So it looks like I might need to recruit others if we went to do this to meet the minimum number required.

I toyed with this idea versus Nachi last month. I had been to the "other" side back in the early '80's when there was NOTHING there but rocks and nature. In the end I decided Nachi was more what I wanted my DD and her BF to experience plus they're not big drinkers. Next time tho I'm going over to the dark side again.....just to see what's changed!!

We've done the Bar Hop twice and I highly recommend it! The scenery is outstanding - far different from the west side. You don't have to be big drinkers to enjoy this. Each of the 4 different beach stops has it's own personality. Tom (present owner & former manager at Paradise Beach) & his crew make it so much fun the entire time. After the tour, they will drop you off at the closest street corner to your cruise ship.

You must take only cash for all expenses - cab, food, drinks, souvenirs, tips, etc. since the east side has no electricity and can't run debit/credit cards. Remember, you get a free Bar Hop t-shirt out of the deal too!

It's a fun and interesting way to see "the wild side" of the island. Here's a link to their website: http://cozumelbarhop.com/

Thanks shekim i think i will try posting in roll call and cruisin'mama7 thanks for the detailed thumbs up, hopefully there are some other fellow cruisers interested.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Also try finding out which other ships are in port on that day and post on the roll calls for those.

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/Mexico/155-Cozumel/May_2014/

That's a great idea Thanks !

There are two other ships that day but their times are different so I emailed the party hop website to see what time they would do the excursion to see if the time would work for all three ships before I went to their roll calls.

LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT. Would do it again in a heartbeat. We have been to Coz 10 or so times and have done something different each and every time. The Bar Hop Bus would be something that I would consider doing again and again. Loved it.

Thanks! The more people that say how much they enjoyed this and would do it again really makes me even more excited to do this on our visit :D

Hopefully there ends up being enough people so we can do this.

We, too, have done Paradise Beach and Nochi Cocum, and I am really looking forward to this alternative excursion in 2 weeks...

We already have quite a few from our roll call signed up for it, even before it was mentioned on the roll call...I bet anyone doing any research on excursions in Cozumel, especially using Tripadvisor, will stumble upon it...

David :D

Edited by CHAMPDDS

Thanks for the links! :) I think we are learning toward trying this however I contacted the them on their website and they do not have anyone booked yet for the date we will be there. So it looks like I might need to recruit others if we went to do this to meet the minimum number required.

Did you get other people signed up for the bar hop yet? We will be there May 8th also on the Royal Caribbean Navigator of the seas and am very interested!

I didn't contact them yet, was just wondering why no one was booked yet?

That's a great idea Thanks !

There are two other ships that day but their times are different so I emailed the party hop website to see what time they would do the excursion to see if the time would work for all three ships before I went to their roll calls.

I do see our ship gets in at 8:30am and yours not until 10am. I for one wouldn't want to go bar hopping as early as "we" get in port :)

Let us know what you find out please.

Thanks

Donna

Did the bar hop bus last year, it was great. You don't have to be a drinker to enjoy it, just the scenery is worth it! There were six of us that went, all in our 60's, they had a big bus full of people. By the time you get to the first bar it's about 10:30 or 11:00, not too early to drink when you're on vacation!

Did you get other people signed up for the bar hop yet? We will be there May 8th also on the Royal Caribbean Navigator of the seas and am very interested!

I didn't contact them yet, was just wondering why no one was booked yet?

I emailed them and they got back with me right away ....

No bookings yet, but that’s not unusual with almost 3 months to go. Most of our hoppers book about 1-5 weeks out. Max # is 40

You’ll actually be in port from 9am-5pm local time (CT). The Triumph will be here 9am-4pm, and the NOTS 8:30am-5pm. The other 2 ships originate in the Central Time zone (same as Cozumel) so their port times are correct. You originate in Miami, Florida (ET) so we dial your port times back one hour to match Cozumel time (CT).

We’ll start at 10:15am and end at 3pm, so all ships can potentially participate in the Hop…

I do see our ship gets in at 8:30am and yours not until 10am. I for one wouldn't want to go bar hopping as early as "we" get in port :)

Let us know what you find out please.

Thanks

Donna

Our ships are on different time zones so we actually only get there about 30 minutes later than you. The said the hop starts at 10:15am CT.

Did the bar hop bus last year, it was great. You don't have to be a drinker to enjoy it, just the scenery is worth it! There were six of us that went, all in our 60's, they had a big bus full of people. By the time you get to the first bar it's about 10:30 or 11:00, not too early to drink when you're on vacation!

Thanks it sounds like this is something anyone can enjoy... it would be great to see this eastern side of the island. I think we will be booking as long as there ends up being enough people. You are on vacation so enjoy, relax and have fun... drink or not you can just enjoy the atmosphere.

I emailed them and they got back with me right away ....

No bookings yet, but that’s not unusual with almost 3 months to go. Most of our hoppers book about 1-5 weeks out. Max # is 40

You’ll actually be in port from 9am-5pm local time (CT). The Triumph will be here 9am-4pm, and the NOTS 8:30am-5pm. The other 2 ships originate in the Central Time zone (same as Cozumel) so their port times are correct. You originate in Miami, Florida (ET) so we dial your port times back one hour to match Cozumel time (CT).

We’ll start at 10:15am and end at 3pm, so all ships can potentially participate in the Hop…

I just e-mailed again from the website and the e-mail is coming back to my mailbox, that is weird. Oh I do see their address is CC:info@cozumelbarhop.com

Did that happen to you? Is there an address you can give me?

I just e-mailed again from the website and the e-mail is coming back to my mailbox, that is weird. Oh I do see their address is CC:info@cozumelbarhop.com

Did that happen to you? Is there an address you can give me?

I did not have any issues at all getting in touch with them they have emailed me back three times to answer my questions.

The first time I submitted my question through their website and the other two times just replied back to the original email.

info@cozumelbarhop.com

Edited by maritch
typo

We did the bar hop last time we visited and we really enjoyed it. I am not a big drinker, but I thought it was well worth the $$. The scenery is very nice and you get to experience a number of different beach bars. They usually give you small drinks anyway, so if you are looking at this as a big drinking experience don't go. But for fun, scenery, some drinks, etc.., a nice time. We ordered lunch at one of the bars - my son said it was the best tacos he ever had. DH and DS even ended up ordering a separate beer or two, and they are not super heavy drinkers. I would say don't believe the 'you can swim' message, unless a quick dip in and out is your thing - there is really not much time for that. We also did not get any free t-shirts mentioned by someone - they had them, but for a price. I definitely recommend this.

(one additional point - if you have mobility issues, think twice. You need to get in and out of buses several times, and to catch the bus you need to walk quite a ways - fine for people with no issues, but my cane-bearing aunt would never have made it)

We did the Bar Hop last week. We met at 11:00 (Cozumel local time) and they know what time all the cruise ships are leaving port. We happened to be on the first ship leaving port and the furthest ship away on there route back with the all aboard at 4:30 and they had us back at the terminal at about 4:10. Plenty of time to get back on board.

This was our first time on the bar hop and we had a great time. A couple of the stops had a few children at the beach but for the most part it was adults.

The next time in Cozumel we will do it again.

We did the Bar Hop last week. We met at 11:00 (Cozumel local time) and they know what time all the cruise ships are leaving port. We happened to be on the first ship leaving port and the furthest ship away on there route back with the all aboard at 4:30 and they had us back at the terminal at about 4:10. Plenty of time to get back on board.

This was our first time on the bar hop and we had a great time. A couple of the stops had a few children at the beach but for the most part it was adults.

The next time in Cozumel we will do it again.

Thanks cheapboxer! ...How many people ended up on your hop?

We did the bar hop last time we visited and we really enjoyed it.... We also did not get any free t-shirts mentioned by someone - they had them, but for a price.

That's weird their website shows it's included...

What does the tour include?

The tour includes a free shot at every bar, a free t-shirt and lots of fun with my knowledgeable Hop Hosts!

It even ask for your t-shirt size when you book.

The do have ones you can buy also so maybe there was some confusion...

Do you sell t-shirts? (in addition to the free ones?)

Yes, high quality 100% cotton t-shirts are available in different colours and sizes Small - XXL. Cost is $10 - $12USD, and our caps are $15USD.