Riu Day Passes at Amber Cove

sunset785

• 4 weeks later...

I see they are only allowing 45 tickets to be sold for this excursion. The RIU resorts are all pretty nice!

I like that we are there morning till 1:30 and then back tot he port to explore a little bit before we get on the ship.

Hopefully we will see some reviews coming in soon from people that have done this excursion.

We sail on Jan 24th on the Sunshine!

Michelle

RIU Bachata is in Puerto Plata (Amber Cove) which is a 4.5 hr drive to the north coast with no traffic. Dreams La Romana is located in Bayahibe which is 20 minutes from the ship.

The ship will be docked at Amber Cove, which is very near the RIU Bachata Resort

Trip advisor had more good reviews than anything. Most of the complaints were about the rooms than anything..... We r on a cruise excursion staying for a few hours..... The pool looks great as well as their beach. The food doesn't sound to be gourmet, but either is the food on the ship.

The pictures of the resort on trip advisor look good enough for me.

Trip advisor had more good reviews than anything. Most of the complaints were about the rooms than anything..... We r on a cruise excursion staying for a few hours..... The pool looks great as well as their beach. The food doesn't sound to be gourmet, but either is the food on the ship.

The pictures of the resort on trip advisor look good enough for me.

Do you happen to have the Trip Advisor link? I am not sure which RUI resort it is since there are a couple on the island. Thanks!

Do you happen to have the Trip Advisor link? I am not sure which RUI resort it is since there are a couple on the island. Thanks!

Don't have the link, but all you need to do is search puerta plata Dominican. Then click the hotels on the left of screen. It's the RIU Bachata should be like the 4th hotel on the list.

I found that it is about 15 minutes away from the port. I have read some poor reviews on it on several sites. They said that the place is run down, has roaches, and has more fruit flies than food.

Actually I think this is incorrect. Both Google Maps, Trip Advisor, and RIU website show the resort adjacent to the Amber Cove complex.

Actually I think this is incorrect. Both Google Maps, Trip Advisor, and RIU website show the resort adjacent to the Amber Cove complex.

I agree, they appear to be connected. You should be able to walk, although you may have to go in the entrance in which you might get shuttled.

• 1 month later...

Thanks so much for the info! That cements it for us, I think. We are going in February, and it will probably be crowded, but as this will be our first of many trips to Amber Cove, I think we will start out "small" just looking around the port area, and heading for RIU.

Thanks again for the review!:)

Thanks so much for the info! That cements it for us, I think. We are going in February, and it will probably be crowded, but as this will be our first of many trips to Amber Cove, I think we will start out "small" just looking around the port area, and heading for RIU.

Thanks again for the review!:)

You are more than welcome! Enjoy your trip! [emoji3]

We just got off the Splendor and agonized over what excursion to take. We almost always do our own travel guide to take us, but because it was a new port we weren't really sure that's what we wanted to do. We chose the Rui all inclusive Carnival excursion. What a great relaxing day we had. It was a 15 minute transport in a well maintained, new vehicle. Once there, we sat by the pool to get a good seat, but then quickly saw what we were missing by the beach. We moved to the water and easily found lounge chairs under beautiful palm trees. Some loungers were not the best shape, but we easily traded them out ourselves. There were people there, but not over crowded. Water had some current to it and walking in was a little step in the sand. Scenery was gorgeous and I would love to even stay at the resort for a week. Bar was open, but we had to get drinks ourselves. Pool area was beautiful but had ladder entrance. The food we had was served as a buffet which was somewhat unorganized. Steak,had fabulous marinade, chicken ,pork, baked potato and veggies. You had a 2 hour window to take the bus back to the port.