Road construction

imae39

Last year in April we stayed at Sleep Inn in Dania Beach and drove to the port. There was much road construction and poor signage for getting to the port. Is this nearing completion or typical road construction project of 5-10 year duration? (as many of Florida's road projects tend to be)

We were there in December and there is still lots of construction everywhere near the airport and port. The cab drivers said it will be like that for years. New terminals are being built and runway extended at the airport. A new road leading to the port too I think. I would hate to drive around there.

Greetings

Still lots of construction. Main road into the port (Eller Drive) is a real mess. Returning from the port area to I-595 takes you on a roundabout route. Construction will not be done anytime soon.

Good Sailing

Tom

Since your HAL ship will be docked midport (unless there are more than seven ships that day and yours draws the short straw for Pier 29) you should just take Federal Hwy past the construction mess outside the airport and enter the port from the SR 84 gate. Will take a few minutes to clear security but just a short hop to the ship from there.

(And do ignore the posters on the HAL board who, when you inquired there, implied that it is your fault for choosing a hotel that requires you to pass through our never-ending construction to get to the port. Have a wonderful cruise!)

Edited by fishywood