NCl Jewel Locker rooms and Internet

MoyCoy

My Hubby was not too impressed by thermal spa video's he has viewed thus far. He was hoping the spa would resemble the one we enjoyed last year on the Breakaway. Are there any free steam rooms or saunas in the men's locker room? I purchased a spa pass. I wonder how crowded the spa becomes on sea days. It seems a quite a bit smaller than the spa on the Breakaway.

Also I was wondering if anyone recently off the Jewel can tell me if one is able to stream You Tube on the ship. How fast is the connection?

Thank you

Jewel class ships have a slightly different set up. The common areas have the same therapy pool and heated stone loungers. The difference is where the sauna and steam rooms are located. It's not coed like the breakaway is. I love the sauna on these as they over look the whole side of the ship. I've heard there is a small sauna off the side of the gym but never used it since I had the spa pass. Maybe he could check out the free option before he commits to a spa pass.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Forums mobile app

My Hubby was not too impressed by thermal spa video's he has viewed thus far. He was hoping the spa would resemble the one we enjoyed last year on the Breakaway. Are there any free steam rooms or saunas in the men's locker room? I purchased a spa pass. I wonder how crowded the spa becomes on sea days. It seems a quite a bit smaller than the spa on the Breakaway. Also I was wondering if anyone recently off the Jewel can tell me if one is able to stream You Tube on the ship. How fast is the connection? Thank you

Spa is for a small ship. Nothing like the big ships. Unisex steam rooms, sauna, Japanese cold plunge, and jacuzzi. Coed hydrotherapy seats, and hot stone loungers. No free steam or sauna, gotta pay for the thermal suite $189 for 7 days on board. $20 cheaper if booked online. Normally not crowded (we sailed last year to Alaska on the Jewel and the photos below are from last week on the Jewel to Mexico)

It is shared satellite internet with the latency normal for such a connection. Video streaming would not work. It was good enough for facetime voice and skype voice calls, though.

Women's unisex

a83de0c0f0a6508d42fef94e0583c207.jpg

50534192a91e281bd9e7f115c9bbda31.jpg

f3313988ddd24b45b9d2caf110629e29.jpg

Coed area (the whole area)

122062ceb96c3b0da6bc58a57f75948c.jpg

94ee6fe30ffe493a7fd142ddb434cd82.jpg

The co-ed portion of the spa is definitely smaller but I do love the separate facility side. If he does not want to do the spa, there is a steam room, lockers, and a shower right off the gym on the Jewel.

Thank you. See you in 2 days!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

... Unisex steam rooms, sauna, Japanese cold plunge, and jacuzzi. Coed hydrotherapy seats, and hot stone loungers. ...

Women's unisex

Coed area (the whole area)

You keep using term "unisex" but I don't think you know what it means - those areas you referred to are "gendered" or "sex segregated" which are the complete opposites of unisex.

unisex

1. Designed to be suitable for any sex or gender.

2. Not distinguished on the basis of sex or gender.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/unisex

"... it can be seen as meaning shared by sexes."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unisex