eden beach resort

kenorus

Do not go to Eden/spice beach. It is a dump! Just went there this last week. We left for another beach that was much better, I can't remember the name right now. I will ring it and post it when we get home. Trust me on this, spice beach is not pretty at all. If you go there, do not have high expectations!

Do not go to Eden/spice beach. It is a dump! Just went there this last week. We left for another beach that was much better, I can't remember the name right now. I will ring it and post it when we get home. Trust me on this, spice beach is not pretty at all. If you go there, do not have high expectations!

Could you please be more specific? I know that Trip Advisor reviews are very critical, but they seem to be discussing a land vacation and problems with rooms, the front desk and the restaurant. What did you not like about the Eden/Spice Beach Clubs?

Yes, I don't want to sound like a complainer because I really do not need much to be happy on a beach, but spice beach is really not a nice place. It is just a big sandbox with a short wall holding the sand out of the ocean. We were not there long enough to even use the restrooms, but from the condition of everything outside, I would not have wanted to. There are not a lot of options for beaches in Bonaire and the cruise lines offer a beach tour to spice beach and they take up most of the space there and they also reserve space for hotel guests, which is fine, just keep in mind if you want a chair, get there early. We were told to move twice, once from the spot the attendant helped us settle in. That's when we left and headed for Sorobon Beach, which was a much better choice and definitely a better beach for swimming. Again, neither of these places are perfect, but spice beach is really bad!

Yes, I don't want to sound like a complainer because I really do not need much to be happy on a beach, but spice beach is really not a nice place. It is just a big sandbox with a short wall holding the sand out of the ocean. We were not there long enough to even use the restrooms, but from the condition of everything outside, I would not have wanted to. There are not a lot of options for beaches in Bonaire and the cruise lines offer a beach tour to spice beach and they take up most of the space there and they also reserve space for hotel guests, which is fine, just keep in mind if you want a chair, get there early. We were told to move twice, once from the spot the attendant helped us settle in. That's when we left and headed for Sorobon Beach, which was a much better choice and definitely a better beach for swimming. Again, neither of these places are perfect, but spice beach is really bad!

Thanks for the feedback. It is exactly the type of feedback that we were looking for as we were thinking of going there on our own. Does Sorobon Beach have restrooms, chairs, and umbrellas available?

Sorobon Beach does have restrooms, chairs, food and drinks. It is on the other side of the island from Spice Beach and the cruise port, but still only about a 15 minute ride. The cab was $20 each way for 4 of us, Spice was $10 each way. At Sorobon you can walk out probably a couple hundred feet and the water stays waste deep and is really a pretty blue. We did not get in the water at Spice, but I don't think you could without water shoes as there is no sandy area to walk out on. Also at Sorobon it is fun to watch the wind surfers, there are also boats around for parasailing and things like that. Again, it is not perfect, just much better than Spice.

• 5 months later...
Sorobon Beach does have restrooms, chairs, food and drinks. It is on the other side of the island from Spice Beach and the cruise port, but still only about a 15 minute ride. The cab was $20 each way for 4 of us, Spice was $10 each way. At Sorobon you can walk out probably a couple hundred feet and the water stays waste deep and is really a pretty blue. We did not get in the water at Spice, but I don't think you could without water shoes as there is no sandy area to walk out on. Also at Sorobon it is fun to watch the wind surfers, there are also boats around for parasailing and things like that. Again, it is not perfect, just much better than Spice.

do you remember how much the chairs were? any umbrellas

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't seem like a dump to us! We didn't see any problem with it at all.

It is more of a snorkeler's beach.

Edited by Arzeena