U.s.air

Nevertoolate

Anyone ever flown U.S. Air? Problems - cancelled flights, on time - ???

Nope nobody has ever flown them ;)

Of course they have cancelled flights. Every airline does. They have on time flights, early flights and late flights. Every airline does. They're a perfectly average American airline.

US Airways, btw, not US Air.

I fly them almost weekly. All airlines have delays, cancellations, good employees, bad employees, etc. My experiences are usually very good.

They do have interline agreements with other carriers which can be very important if facing delays/cancellations.

Lately they have had the lowest fares by far for my travel too (I can only book 2-3 weeks out so fares won't be inexpensive).

FYI, USAirways is merging with AA. Merging airlines usually operate separately for at least 6 months before any changes begin, and often it's closer to a year. It takes about a year for all aspects to be fully blended. It's almost impossible to know what issues and problems will arise, but the DL/NW and the UA/CO mergers all had major problems. On one hand, AA/US should have "lessons learned" from studying the other mergers...OTOH, why should this time be different? :)

FYI, USAirways is merging with AA. Merging airlines usually operate separately for at least 6 months before any changes begin, and often it's closer to a year. It takes about a year for all aspects to be fully blended. It's almost impossible to know what issues and problems will arise, but the DL/NW and the UA/CO mergers all had major problems. On one hand, AA/US should have "lessons learned" from studying the other mergers...OTOH, why should this time be different? :)

Hopefully US will learn a lesson from its own merger with American West some years ago. Those two STILL haven't fully merged (still have two separate employment contracts for pilots, for example, based on which airline they were with previously).

Flhokie; kenish; and waterbug.............thankyou for the responses.

I am pleased to know that they have agreement with other lines - makes me feel more secure.

After being stuck overnight in a grungy motel courtesy of Jet Blue, 4 hours in Baltimore (I think it was Baltimore) nothing to eat nothing open, being royally screwed a few times between United and American Air - we have never utilized U.S. at all. The only airline, used a few times with no problems, has been Virgin America.

It is always a tossup, so am keeping fingers crossed.

Thx again

Archived