Iguanid Falls Private Tour

CruisePrincess6

I would enter the Brazilian side of Iguacu Falls in the afternoon. I read that the hours of the National Park is only until 5PM. Is 5PM the time the entrance office to the park closes? Are the people already in the park required to leave the park before 5PM? If not before 5PM, at what time are the people already inside the park required to leave the park?

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone

My heads bursting with information at this point so would be really grateful for some help. We disembark in BA on 22nd Feb, we were planning to fly to the falls, stay one night and return to BA for 4 nights. What is the earliest flight we could book to go to the falls if we can self disembark but have to put our luggage into storage at the airport? On the 2nd day we were going to get the latest flight back to give us a full day there, should we do this, or even stay the 2nd night and get an early flight back to BA. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Alison

We disembarked at 8am and got the 11 am flight to Iguazu, even though we'd been booked on the 1 pm flight. You are very close to the airport once you dock and we were out and at the airport in 1/2 hour. That gave us a good time to enjoy the shorter walking circuit leaving time to do the other circuit and Devils Throat train the next if you don't go to the Brazil side, which was fantastic too and IMHO shouldn't be missed. But you need a visa, but for us well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We disembarked at 8am and got the 11 am flight to Iguazu, even though we'd been booked on the 1 pm flight. You are very close to the airport once you dock and we were out and at the airport in 1/2 hour. That gave us a good time to enjoy the shorter walking circuit leaving time to do the other circuit and Devils Throat train the next if you don't go to the Brazil side, which was fantastic too and IMHO shouldn't be missed. But you need a visa, but for us well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for your reply. Don't think we need a visa coming from the U.K, we intend to do both sides, so should we stay an extra day?

Alison

• 2 months later...

I am considering going to the Brazilian side on the afternoon of my full day there. ( am booked with a precruise tour with my cruise line that spends 2 nights there.) we are at the Sheraton in iguazu.

1) typically how much does a taxi run for the round trip from Argentina side (for 1 person) I assume Ar pesos would be needed? Are there other options?

2) how long a drive is it?

3) does an afternoon trip make sense? Is there a greater chance of fog (March)

Thanks

Hi, we just came back from our SA trip, 37 days on HAL Zandaam, San Diego to Buenos Aires. We stayed on in BA a couple of days then flew to Iguazu (argentina side) early arriving before noon staying one night then flying out on evening flight to Rio.

After we got to hotel (Grand Panoramic) in Puerto Iguazu (argentina side), we went to Brazilian side that afternoon. Hotel arranged taxi, who picked us up and dropped us at the Brazilian entry gate and picked us up later for return to hotel. It cost 600 AR as I recall (about $30). I actually paid taxi in USD. It took about 30 minutes, it will depend on how busy they are at customs / border crossing from Argentina to Brazilian side, the taxi guy will walk you thru the process. You probably need a visa for Brazil, check that.

As to fog, we went in early November and it was find, I think any fog should burn off my midday.

If you plan to do a boat ride to the falls (available on Brazil and Argentina side) you should factor that into how long your afternoon visit will be. brazil side without baot ride, figure on 3 hours, add at least 90 minutes if you do boat ride on Brazil side as we did. It was definitely worth it.

Because your hotel is farther from the Brazil border than our hotel (in Puerto Iguazu) your taxi probably will take 15 minutes longer.

Next day we stored our luggage in hotel and taxied to the Argentina side falls, and again got picked up later in the day, fetched our luggage and drove to Brazilian side airport to go to Rio.

FYI, Brazil side, everything can be paid on credit card including the entry fee, taxi is cash. Argentina side entry fee is ONLY cash in AR. Maybe your precruise tour includes it already.

ENJOY

Hi, we live just north of Miami so we dropped our visa application to the Brazilian consulate ourselves and picked up the passports a week later with the visa. If you are not in a city with a consulate you have to decide how to get them. I would check the Brazilian consulate website on that, the instructions there are very explicit. There are also 3rd party providers that will do it for you but you pay a steep service fee.

If you are only getting a visa to do Brazilian side of the falls but not otherwise staying in Brazil, you can decide if the cost is worth that as the visa is not cheap, but good for 10 years. We went on to Rio so needed the visa for sure.

Also at the Falls, there was an hour time difference between Brazil and Argentina side. You should check that and factor into your plans for your visit timeline. Each park has a closing time, I think 1 was about 5 the other 6pm, you can check there websites to know or google it.

Price for meals will depend on where you eat, but will be very reasonable. Most good hotels will have breakfast, some will charge. Eats at the falls are also reasonable.

Mike

No one has mentioned it, but let me ask so as not to assume:

Was the Argentina park fee good for re-entry (on return from the Brazilian day trip), or did you have to pay a second fee? Did you get a "ticket"/receipt? Is the entry fee per person?