Lanzarote tours

Trixie21

Hi All

Going on anthem in June this year on the sunshine in the canaries cruise. We have never been to lanzarote and wondered if anyone has any suggestions for tours? We are going with my wife's mother and father so a half day with something involving not too much walking would be good. Anyone recommend any good private tour companies in lanzarote or would the ships tour be ok?

All comments appreciated!!

The standout tour in Lanzarote is to Timanfaya National Park (Fire Mountain), with its moon like landscape and underground volcanic activities (they cook chickens over holes in the ground). It is no more than an hour's bus ride from the port. There is a restaurant etc there. You have to go round the park itself in one of the park's official buses (with audio guide) which takes about 45 mins.

Agree with the previous poster - Timanfaya Park is great! We rented a car and drove there (early, as it gets crowded, with delays getting in!) but I'm sure your cruise ship will offer an excursion. If you only want a half day tour, that's the tour to take in my mind, although we loved every place we went on the island!

• 2 weeks later...