Aruba Lisa? Help family plan beach day?

MPSimecek

Hello...

Our family of 4 with 2 kids (9&11) would like to have a nice beach day while in port in Aruba.

I'm not sure I can justify $300 for the family to be at Occidental for the day.

What would you suggest to have access to beach chairs, some shade, food and drinks. We aren't big alcohol drinkers, maybe one per husband and I and then water, and kids drink water/juice. So, just access to some food/drink, we don't need a ton.

It would be great to possibly rent Kayaks for an hour or something, but again, not sure if that's easy to find on the beach.

Is there a good place to take a Taxi to when we get off the ship that would allow us to find what we're looking for? Or, do you have any suggestions?

Edited by MPSimecek

It's a waste of money. This is discussed every day in this forum. Scroll down this page or do a search. Some threads to get you started:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2165360

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1749410

Loads of info here:

http://www.tomsportguides.com/Aruba-02-28-2013.pdf

Edited by 6rugrats

I'm sure Arubalisa will get back to you soon, but as a yearly Aruba vacationer, I agree with everyone's comments. Don't waste your money on a all inclusive. If you are not big drinkers (I'm not either) it is not worth it. Just go to Palm Beach or Eagle Beach and spend the day. You'll save a lot of money and have a great time. If you do a search on here for these beaches, Arubalisa has given detailed info about where to go on both of these beaches.

Edited by Hatteras51

Thank you!!

I will do further reading on all of your links!

I know the beaches are public, but since we've never been there, I was not sure how much getting places would be, and would like to know where to aim for as we get off the ship and have somewhat of a "plan".

Aruba is one of our last stops and we have several "tours" booked on the other Islands, so I'm thinking I would just like to chill.

That being said, ARUBA is the one place I've always wanted to go. I've priced out vacations and airfare and it's never been possible. So, I want to consider that too. I want a relaxing day, but don't want to do "nothing" since I may not get back there!