Splendor leaving today NYC

jpurdy

Anyone on this ship or know of someone? Would NOT want to be on the ship right now. Yes they are going away from the storm, but looks like they have to go through it with some really high winds (therefore high seas). I am getting sick thinking about it! Wish them all well.

Just out of curiosity, if you are not on the ship and don't know anybody on the ship, why would you "get sick" worrying about it?

I mean, I wish then safe journey and all, but certainly am not getting "sick" worrying...

Andy

Edited by Harrier1961

It's not even windy in NYC right now, despite a wind advisory, and there's barely a chance of snow that's not supposed to start until after 1 am if at all. The Splendor has likely sailed already. I wouldn't worry about something that doesn't affect you anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow a couple of snarky answers. I meant sick nausea, not sick worry. This northeast storm is huge and I only expressed compassion about the passengers. Back off.

Edited by jpurdy

The southeast coast is getting slammed by this storm and the Splendor is heading right into it. That's what the OP was referring to.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes exactly. This storm is a monster.

They left about 2 hours ago.....

They are definitely going to be "ROCKING" tonight, and probably a good part of the day tomorrow, based on the current forecast.:eek::eek:

All I can say, is better them, than ME:rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong.....I like the gentle rocking at night, while lying in bed, but feeling like the ship is going to tip over?????:eek::eek: No thanks!!!! I'd have a small heart attack. lol

Just out of curiosity, if you are not on the ship and don't know anybody on the ship, why would you "get sick" worrying about it?

I mean, I wish then safe journey and all, but certainly am not getting "sick" worrying...

Andy

Yeah pretty sure he means he feels for anyone on the ship. What's with the snippy answer?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Wow a couple of snarky answers. I meant sick nausea, not sick worry. This northeast storm is huge and I only expressed compassion about the passengers. Back off.

I knew what you meant.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Anyone on this ship or know of someone? Would NOT want to be on the ship right now. Yes they are going away from the storm, but looks like they have to go through it with some really high winds (therefore high seas). I am getting sick thinking about it! Wish them all well.

I was thinking the same thing! I would need my Dramamine on that one for sure! :eek:

I got what you meant, but I guess I don't have an issue with reading comprehension. Lol.

I wish I were on the ship. I love sailing in rough seas. Too fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I live at the Jersey Shore and it started snowing yesterday about 5:30pm (about the time Splendor would have been along our coast).

It was very windy and snow fell until about 3:00 this morning.

We got a few inches of snow!

I got what you meant, but I guess I don't have an issue with reading comprehension. Lol.

I wish I were on the ship. I love sailing in rough seas. Too fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I like rough seas, too, but my daughter gets motion sickness!

I like rough seas, too, but my daughter gets motion sickness!

That's a bummer. Maybe she'll grow out of it. When I was little, I got motion sickness, but grew out of it and don't get it at all as an adult.

I am going on a cruise with my other half this year, and it will be his first cruise. I'm a little worried about him, as he's won't know if he gets seasick till we get on board.