First time cruise

Wlauren71

I will be going on my first cruise in November- it's booked with Norwegian and it's a 4 day to The Bahamas. Was wondering, will it be warm?

Also will I need a passport or could I use my ID and birth certificate? I did lose my birth certificate so the one I have is not the original but they are identical.

Any tips on booking activities? What's the best and ones that aren't worth it? How far should I start booking these? Honestly any tips at all would be awesome.

ID and BC are fine but I hate carrying 2 things. If. you don't want the expense of a passport you can get a passport card for $25. We all have them and it's only 1 ID that we need to carry. It's the same size as a license. You can't fly with it but you can go on (closed loop) cruises and cross into Canada and Mexico with it. Just FYI.

If it is your first trip, I would go easy on the excursions. Enjoy the ship. There are tons of free activities that my parents, sister, and I always hit up. It can be overwhelming for some. You already paid to use it. And select at most 1 excursion per 2ports. If you end up loving the cruising experience, you can always come back and do more cruises. Unless you are super rich or get bored easily. In that case go nuts on the excursions and up charges. But the average folk, cost is a concern and you can use w/e $ u saved for another trip or w/e u want to do.

And if you like cruising, you can put a deposit toward another cruise while you are still on your cruise. That's what my family does.

Get a guidebook on your ports. You may find you need NO excursions at all to do what you like! Most things are VERY easy to do on your own...but you do have to know SOMETHING about your ports! Libraries have guidebooks!