flying to Seattle

TheCalicoCat

I can choose between Baltimore (BWI), Dulles (IAD), & National (don't know the symbol) I prefer BWI - easiest to get to

I am flying to Seattle (next year - late July)

1. When should I try to book? (I was thinking March time frame.)

2. Which airport should I book out of?

3. What price would you consider to be a good rate?

Thanks

I can choose between Baltimore (BWI), Dulles (IAD), & National (don't know the symbol) I prefer BWI - easiest to get to

Thanks

1. March/April would be a good time.

2. Any of the above; prices will be comparable. (National's code is DCA.)

3. Price - anything under $450 RT for coach, but watch for seat sales which DO happen. (You won't see anything until at least this winter.)

Don't know if you're in the market for a credit card, but Alaska Airlines' Visa card gives you 25,000 miles (sometimes more) at signup PLUS an annual $99 companion certificate ($121 after taxes) good for any Alaska Airlines tickets. One person pays the going rate (say $450) and a companion pays $121, so $571 for two people, i.e. $285 per person. And 25K miles gets you a free flight right off the bat. https://www.alaskaair.com/content/credit-card/visa-signature.aspx

Alaska flies from all three airports - BWI, IAD, DCA - nonstop to Seattle.

1. March/April would be a good time.

2. Any of the above; prices will be comparable. (National's code is DCA.)

3. Price - anything under $450 RT for coach, but watch for seat sales which DO happen. (You won't see anything until at least this winter.)

Don't know if you're in the market for a credit card, but Alaska Airlines' Visa card gives you 25,000 miles (sometimes more) at signup PLUS an annual $99 companion certificate ($121 after taxes) good for any Alaska Airlines tickets. One person pays the going rate (say $450) and a companion pays $121, so $571 for two people, i.e. $285 per person. And 25K miles gets you a free flight right off the bat. https://www.alaskaair.com/content/credit-card/visa-signature.aspx

Alaska flies from all three airports - BWI, IAD, DCA - nonstop to Seattle.

Thanks for all of the extra Alaska Air information.

Thanks

1. When you see a price you're happy with. There is no magic formula to tell you when prices will be lowest or when flights will fill up, etc.

2. You already said you prefer BWI. Beyond that, I would imagine it depends on the particular flight. If you're looking for the cheapest flight, then the airport decision will be made for you. If you're looking to fly a particular airline, perhaps you should consider how many additional flights that airline has from whichever airport, in case there's an issue with your flight and you need to get rebooked. In other words, it's impossible to say that one of the airports is always the best choice.

3. I don't fly that route, so I'll leave it to others to comment based on what they typically see or consider good for that itinerary on your travel dates.