Elation 10 Day to Jaxport

jjmsbu09

I haven't seen pricing yet as they have only uploaded the New Orleans to San Juan half of the repo cruise so far but we are considering this cruise. Can anyone tell me what 10 days are like on a Fantasy class ship? I know it doesn't happen often but has anyone been on one recently? I love the class for short getaways but...

Well let me know your thoughts. The itinerary looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Nice itineraries, but too many days on a ship without a balcony. The pricing for one of the few suites, that do have balconies, is more than we will go for a Fantasy class ship. We often do back to backs on this size ship, but they are always priced low. Almost always ready to debark after ten days on a small ship.

Still, won't say never! :)

I haven't seen pricing yet as they have only uploaded the New Orleans to San Juan half of the repo cruise so far but we are considering this cruise. Can anyone tell me what 10 days are like on a Fantasy class ship? I know it doesn't happen often but has anyone been on one recently? I love the class for short getaways but...

Well let me know your thoughts. The itinerary looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The itineraries looks good & we would do a B2B to get to Jacksonville, Florida after San Juan. The second leg of the cruise also has Ports we would enjoy going to. Wonder when Carnival will load the San Juan to Jacksonville segment into the reservation system ?

We like this size ship, plus the larger ships, so we would not mind being on a smaller ship for a longer cruise since the itineraries are ones we would enjoy going to.

I may be remembering wrong, but I seem to remember reading threads about people being unable to book a back to back cruise like this before.

Something about a rule or a law and penalties maybe?

Does anyone else remember this?

I think it was fire talking about it.

If you can do it, then it would be wonderful.

Edited by mzloolue

I may be remembering wrong, but I seem to remember reading threads about people being unable to book a back to back cruise like this before.

Something about a rule or a law and penalties maybe?

Does anyone else remember this?

I think it was fire talking about it.

If you can do it, then it would be wonderful.

I think you are referring to the PVSA.

If the cruise departs New Orleans and sails to San Juan and the 2nd leg is departing San Juan and ends in Jacksonville i believe it would be a legal cruise as the ship does at port of call which is considered a "DISTANT" foreign port.

Hopefully i have the correct interpretation of the law. If not somebody will correct me if i am wrong.

Bill

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked on the April 15, 2016 10 day out of Puerto Rico. We have been on this class ship before and loved it. I always thought 7 days went too quick so I am looking forward to the 10 days and 6 ports that you get out of this cruise. We are three in a inside cabin, which we have done before and had plenty of room. The third bed is a trundle which is almost as big as the twin but low to the floor.

We are booked on the April 15, 2016 10 day out of Puerto Rico. We have been on this class ship before and loved it. I always thought 7 days went too quick so I am looking forward to the 10 days and 6 ports that you get out of this cruise. We are three in a inside cabin, which we have done before and had plenty of room. The third bed is a trundle which is almost as big as the twin but low to the floor.

you are booked over a year out and you couldn't get a cabin with a 3rd bed instead of a trundle or did you just prefer a trundle?

Bill

I love the Fantasy class ships and the pricing for the 10 day repo is reasonable to me. I generally book inside so it is around $65 per day. Not bad! I'm not a picky eater and food options wouldn't be a problem.

There are two issues on this particular itinerary. First, is 6 straight port days. Way too many for me. I try to take cruises that split my time about half between ports and sea days. I do try and get some actual rest while cruising and those sea days are the ticket for me. Even with just a couple of ports, if I've been there several times, I don't even get off the ship so it is like another sea day for me. :)

Secondly and the biggest issue for me would be airfare. It would cost more to fly from my home to PR to catch the ship and from Jaxport back than the cruise costs. A lot more!

So, those two combinations will probably take me to another itinerary next year.

Happy Sails!

The trundle is like a twin slightly narrower. From what I saw even the window rooms did not have the couch (which we have travelled with as a bed also). We had no problems with the trundle the last time we cruised. We were looking for location. Center of the ship mid level. Better seas there and shorter commute. We also can't do bunks.

• 2 weeks later...

We did B2B 7 days (14 days total) on the Splendor and when we were done we were really ready to get off the ship. I think about 7 days is our max for any class of ship in the future.

Edited by travler27

We are looking into booking this same cruise.

• 2 months later...

I have done three B2B cruises on the Elation and ten days on her sounds like Heaven to me! It is such a beautiful ship...who care what the tile in the bathroom looks like? How much time do you spend in there? That itinerary looks fantastic as well. In fact, I am now considering it for myself!

My wife and I have stayed in one of the balcony suites on deck 11 and it was great! You can't beat the location...you simply walk out you door onto the deck above the pool and grab a chair.

Have fun!

Brad