Paris - dinner River cruise?

phabric

A better idea would be to do an evening cruise and enjoy the sights. Then, go to one of the many bistros or restaurants for dinner.

I agree. Although I'd take it a step further and say you should do the cruise during the day if you really want to see the sights. When I went with my son to Paris for a week between Christmas and New Years a couple of years ago, he wanted to do this, so although I had mixed feelings, we booked.

The food wasn't terrible but it was expensive for what we had (comparable to a good quality bistro). The views were disappointing. You are down at a lower level than the streets and what with all the car lights, boat lights (from river traffic) and just the general street lights, we had a hard time seeing the actual sites -- at least from where we were seated.

The food wasn't terrible but it was expensive for what we had (comparable to a good quality bistro). The views were disappointing. You are down at a lower level than the streets and what with all the car lights, boat lights (from river traffic) and just the general street lights, we had a hard time seeing the actual sites -- at least from where we were seated.

If you are sitting on deck above the dining area, you get a good view of the sights.

There are over 40,000 restaurants in Paris....and (to the best of our knowledge) none of the better places are on river boats :). We agree with Marazul's post about simply taking a Seine cruise (easy to do day or night with no reservations) and eat on land..before or after your cruise. Bateau Marche (and some of the other companies) are fine....but not often praised for their great cuisine. I can get far better food in a neighborhood cafe/brasserie then on those boats....and we are not even talking about the decent restaurants.

Hank