2* to 3* Mariner

Spendogirl

Is it a true back-to-back, or is it a Collectors' Cruise? There's a difference.

If it's a Collectors' Cruise, then you are taking one cruise, and your benefits will start with your next cruise.

If it's a true back-to-back, your credits won't be recorded in time for the start of the second cruise. However, you could go to the Front Desk at the end of the first cruise (or beginning of the second) and ask them if your new benefits can be recorded and applied then.

Sometimes it works; sometimes it doesn't.

We have a 14n (two 7 day b2b) cruise booked and we only need 8 cruise credits for our next Mariner tier.

Will that tier go up after we finish the first leg, or will it take effect after the 14n has been fully completed?

Thanks!

I am in a similar situation on our next B2B cruise next week. I only need 4 days to become 4*. I asked the question to the Mariner Society and below is an excerpt from their reply.

Mariner society response:

Guests sailing on multiple back to back voyage with individual booking numbers who cross over to a higher Star level during one of their voyages will receive the upgraded Star level on the next cruise. For example if you have 25 total cruise days and you are sailing on two back to back 7-day voyages you will cross over the 30-day mark on your first voyage, but your qualifying 2-Star Mariner status will not take effect until your second voyage.

Qualified back to back cruise Star level upgrades are based on cruise days only. Onboard Spending Bonus, including pre-purchased items such as shore excursions, are not factored into the Star level upgrade.

The reason you must go to the Front Office to request the higher Star level is because your Mariner profile is not updated for 7-10 days upon completion of each cruise. Therefore, the Front Desk will not receive updated Mariner information for you during your back to back voyages. Once they review your profile and determine you do qualify for the higher Star level your on board profile will be updated and you will be issued a new key card.

Please note that certain sailings will not qualify to be upgraded to the next star level during the course of the voyages. Please contact us if you believe you should qualify and we can review your cruise(s). Or, go to the Front Desk upon boarding and they will review your profile and the voyage(s).

So the answer to your question is, you will have to wait until after you complete the B2B to attain 3*.

I am in a similar situation on our next B2B cruise next week. I only need 4 days to become 4*. I asked the question to the Mariner Society and below is an excerpt from their reply.

Mariner society response:

Guests sailing on multiple back to back voyage with individual booking numbers who cross over to a higher Star level during one of their voyages will receive the upgraded Star level on the next cruise. For example if you have 25 total cruise days and you are sailing on two back to back 7-day voyages you will cross over the 30-day mark on your first voyage, but your qualifying 2-Star Mariner status will not take effect until your second voyage.

Qualified back to back cruise Star level upgrades are based on cruise days only. Onboard Spending Bonus, including pre-purchased items such as shore excursions, are not factored into the Star level upgrade.

The reason you must go to the Front Office to request the higher Star level is because your Mariner profile is not updated for 7-10 days upon completion of each cruise. Therefore, the Front Desk will not receive updated Mariner information for you during your back to back voyages. Once they review your profile and determine you do qualify for the higher Star level your on board profile will be updated and you will be issued a new key card.

Please note that certain sailings will not qualify to be upgraded to the next star level during the course of the voyages. Please contact us if you believe you should qualify and we can review your cruise(s). Or, go to the Front Desk upon boarding and they will review your profile and the voyage(s).

So the answer to your question is, you will have to wait until after you complete the B2B to attain 3*.

Thank you, Shrimpboat - that has clarified the issue really well, as there have been several questions about that lately.:)

Wonderful, thank you for all the great replies and explanations! :D

Definately looks like we will be 3* upon completion of the cruise.

(on a side note, does anyone know why my username is RED? Am I in the naughty chair?)

Edited by Spendogirl
add text

Wonderful, thank you for all the great replies and explanations! :D

Definately looks like we will be 3* upon completion of the cruise.

(on a side note, does anyone know why my username is RED? Am I in the naughty chair?)

You must have clicked on your username name at some point, the VBB format defaults to a change from Blue to Red when you do this. The "naughty girl" explanation is however, much more fun ;) :D