Is Photobucket still the way to go?

I was wondering with all the new technology if photobucket was still a great way to post pictures to a thread? I am going to write a review soon and I was wondering if there are any short cuts to posting pictures. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Happy Sailing! :)

I've been using Photobucket and have used them to post pictures of the two reviews that I've done. The only downside is the charge but overall, it isn't that bad. I used Shutterfly as well (free) and others have been able to post pictures from there. For some reason that doesn't work for me. ??? I know of others who have done great picture reviews using that "popular social networking site" but there are so many format changes to that site that the links for the pictures no longer work in CC, so the pictures aren't displayed. Flicker is another site that people use to host pictures. If there is something new and wonderful, I'm all ears. :)

There's a whole section of Cruise Critic about photography. I'd imagine someone in that section would be able to provide some good advice.

I used to upload mine to Webshots. And they went over to being a pay site and now none of my photos in my older reviews can be viewed. :(

I now use Flickr. Not terribly user-friendly, but it's free (for now, at least). And it's easy to paste into reviews.

There's a whole section of Cruise Critic about photography. I'd imagine someone in that section would be able to provide some good advice.

I used to upload mine to Webshots. And they went over to being a pay site and now none of my photos in my older reviews can be viewed. :(

I now use Flickr. Not terribly user-friendly, but it's free (for now, at least). And it's easy to paste into reviews.

Imgur is the most user friendly in my opinion.

Edited by josephcooper7

I've been using Photobucket and have used them to post pictures of the two reviews that I've done. The only downside is the charge but overall, it isn't that bad. I used Shutterfly as well (free) and others have been able to post pictures from there. For some reason that doesn't work for me. ??? I know of others who have done great picture reviews using that "popular social networking site" but there are so many format changes to that site that the links for the pictures no longer work in CC, so the pictures aren't displayed. Flicker is another site that people use to host pictures. If there is something new and wonderful, I'm all ears. :)

What charge?

What charge?

You get 2GB of free storage, but if you go beyond that there is a charge. There are different packages offered. Attaching link for their prices:

http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200724444-Plus-Subscription-Pricing-Info

I've done two reviews but went above the 2GB while working on my first, so in order to continue with that review I just decided to pay for the next upgrade, 20GB for $2.99 a month, so that I could add the pictures I wanted to.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

You get 2GB of free storage, but if you go beyond that there is a charge. There are different packages offered. Attaching link for their prices:

http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200724444-Plus-Subscription-Pricing-Info

I've done two reviews but went above the 2GB while working on my first, so in order to continue with that review I just decided to pay for the next upgrade, 20GB for $2.99 a month, so that I could add the pictures I wanted to.

Guess I got lucky because I have over 10 Gb for free.

Imgur is the most user friendly in my opinion.

I've been asking this for months - how do you post Imgur images to CC? I can use it everywhere but here (and I agree, it's awesome!)

However I used to use Photobucket until the interface became painfully slow with overwhelming pop-ups. For CC only, I just use Google + photo's.

I've been asking this for months - how do you post Imgur images to CC? I can use it everywhere but here (and I agree, it's awesome!)

However I used to use Photobucket until the interface became painfully slow with overwhelming pop-ups. For CC only, I just use Google + photo's.

Really comes down to... "You get what you pay for". Must expect some adds or pop ups when paying zero... this is the main reason I pay for a hosting account over at SmugMug and have used it for my two Photo Trip Report I have posted here.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Really comes down to... "You get what you pay for". Must expect some adds or pop ups when paying zero... this is the main reason I pay for a hosting account over at SmugMug and have used it for my two Photo Trip Report I have posted here.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

That's why I like Imgur, free service that is unlimited. Can use various resolutions, super easy cloud system to work with from home or mobile, and besides CC, every other board I frequent allows it as a hosting site.