Baby Food Pouches On RCCL?

LEOwife

DS will be 9 months old when we sail Allure. He has no interest in solid/table food so I'm pretty sure he will still be eating purees. Can I bring my own baby food pouches on board? I really don't want to spend $80 for a weeks worth of food if I can help it.

Yes, indeed! The ship sells NO baby stuff, so you really need to bring everything you'll need. Medications, food (if needed), diapers, wipes, lotions and potions, formula (if not breast feeding), etc.....

There are plenty of mashable foods available, if you want to go that route.

Edited by cb at sea

Not on RCCL, but we sailed with DS when he was 10 months and we took enough baby food containers/pouches for him to have 2-3 of them each day. He was doing ok with finger foods cut into small pieces then, so we also took cheerios, gerber puffs, and we cut regular food into tiny pieces for him. Things that worked well with less effort included mashed potatoes (we either ordered mashed or just smushed some baked potato up with a fork), scrambled eggs, apple sauce, soups, and yogurt.

Before we left for dinner I put the following into a ziplock to take with us: container/pouch of baby food, take n toss spoon (we washed and reused, but it wouldn't have been a big loss if we'd lost a few), disposable bib, and if eating in a place without table cloths a disposable stick on placemat. Made life pretty easy.

At breakfast, you can get lots of boxed cereals from the buffet to have on hand all day long (most lines will also deliver cereal to your room with room service). These were great on excursions - whenever my kid got whiny I'd ask him to pick a cereal and it distracted him and made him happy again. Food also kept him awake on the car ride back to the ship since if he slept in the car, he wouldn't take his nap and would get really cranky.

You can also get yoghurt all day long at the buffet by asking the workers if they could please bring you some from the back (it is only out during breakfast, but they will give it to a child at lunch or dinner). There is also a lot of fruit, like bananas, that are easy for kids. I bring a diaper bag to the first few meals to load up on what my kid will eat, and store it in the room so we aren't scrambling to find him food at any time.

DS will be 9 months old when we sail Allure. He has no interest in solid/table food so I'm pretty sure he will still be eating purees. Can I bring my own baby food pouches on board? I really don't want to spend $80 for a weeks worth of food if I can help it.

Yes...very easy to bring onboard....However it was flying and TSA that was a bit of a holdup with the pouches (just a couple of applesauce ones) in a carryon...But once they saw them and realized they were for the littleone we were able to move on...just be aware they will question you....and pull your carryon/diaper bag aside.

Yes, indeed! The ship sells NO baby stuff, so you really need to bring everything you'll need. Medications, food (if needed), diapers, wipes, lotions and potions, formula (if not breast feeding), etc.....

There are plenty of mashable foods available, if you want to go that route.

Sorry not exactly correct...RCI ships sell various baby items including Gerber baby food, diapers etc. through Gifts-n-Gear for pre-purchase.