St. Thomas Car Rental

pbrady

I did search the St. Thomas board threads and all the talk about car rentals was for Havensight. Is there a car rental near Crown Bay? A very old post said there was one near Crown Bay that they thought picked you up at Crown Bay & shuttled you to the rental office but there was no mention of a name or anything that would help find them. We've been to Crown Bay many times but never were interested in renting a car so never inquired.

Thanks!!

I did search the St. Thomas board threads and all the talk about car rentals was for Havensight. Is there a car rental near Crown Bay? A very old post said there was one near Crown Bay that they thought picked you up at Crown Bay & shuttled you to the rental office but there was no mention of a name or anything that would help find them. We've been to Crown Bay many times but never were interested in renting a car so never inquired.

Thanks!!

Don't know about St Thomas car rentals ;but ,we book rental cars using Costco Travel ;because we can get the best car rental prices by using Costco even though you talk to the major car rental companies directly .you get the Costco discounts .:D

We are looking at renting a mini van in Curacao at the Mega Pier where the Silhouette will dock .We figure sharing with 2 other couples will cost each couple 1/3 of the under $100 price including full gas tank upon return vs a taxi rate of $25 each way to the beach (Porto Mari )

Thus ,there are good reasons to rent & try Costco with Enterprise who does pick up .:)

Crown Bay is not too far from the airport. I googled it and there seems to be a few rentals close by. You can contact them and see if they'll pick you up. I know on some of the smaller islands I usually have to get picked up since there aren't agencies at the port.

Never had good luck with Costco, always seem to find better deals but be sure to check them out.

Budget rental is at Havensight, I would call them and ask if they will pick you up. Also there are many options for private tours which we did in February.

Not sure if you have driven on St Thomas before but you are on the left side, also depending how many ships are in traffic can be a mess! We have rented many villas on the island and on ship days we stay at the villa.

Make sure to go to Mountain Top for the outstanding downward island view.