Staying on ship

Funbobby68

It depends on what interests you. There are fantastic Mayan ruins in Belize. I have been twice. On the first trip I went to Xunantunich with a ship excursion and it was fantastic. On the next trip I booked cave tubing but that was cancelled because the river was too high so we went to Altun Ha, it was very good day. There are so many things to do in Belize.

I have walked out side of the TV and it was fine, I was not nervous at all. I walked over to the hotel and then around the water front. This was at the end of the day when people are not going to try to get you on a tour as soon as you exit.

Hey all have not booked anything for belize , and from what I understand there's not a lot to see or do without an excursion , and with the busy tender ride to shore added in to it would I really miss anything just staying on the ship for that port , and enjoying the less crowded ship for the day .......discuss

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having never been to Belize and reading all the reviews we decided to book directly through Carnival for the Star Island & Snorkel Excursion. They take you directly from the ship so no tender is needed. I didn't want to stay on the ship so this seemed like a perfect way to enjoy the stop and feel safe. I will be back with reviews after my trip...in 71 days!:)

Having never been to Belize and reading all the reviews we decided to book directly through Carnival for the Star Island & Snorkel Excursion. They take you directly from the ship so no tender is needed. I didn't want to stay on the ship so this seemed like a perfect way to enjoy the stop and feel safe. I will be back with reviews after my trip...in 71 days!:)

Please do come back and let us know. It was raining in December when we arrived. Friends went on a private snorkel and loved it. We did not get off, I have a Cochlear Implant that is not water proof, so avoid being out in the rain even with umbrella.

Where the tender docks is an area of small shops, a small bar area with limited food. We usually have a beer there, people watch, talking with others, and maybe buying a souvenir in one of the shops, talking to the sales lady and learning more about the island and the culture.

We have also taken the trolley tour and saw the contrast between the rich homes and the abject poverty of the poorer part of Belize. Quite educational. We would not walk around Belize on our own just like there are areas of the US we would not walk around on our own.

Edited by NMLady

And while there's not much to see in REAL downtown (outside of Brodies which is like a big general store and further down the church and the old Governors Mansion now a cultural museum) Just across the swing bridge on Alberts Street is Birds Isle with a great little patio and nice view of the TV and the harbor. In addition to the Belikin brews, they also have Carib, the Carib Brewery's version of Mackeson' Stout and Red Stripe and Red stripe's Dragon Stout plus the Caribbean version of Guinness. but are known for their Red Bull enhanced cocktails.

Sorry to ask.. but what is TV??? is all this in walking distance from where you get off on the tender?? and is it pretty safe.. ??