Churchills on QM2

mandranuc

Does anyone know where the smoke goes (exhausts) from the Churchills Cigar Lounge on QM2. Cabin 9001 is available and I wondered if there was a risk of smelling smoke. I know there are double doors into the room from the corridor to help eliminating smoke into the corridor.

:eek::eek:

Does anyone know where the smoke goes (exhausts) from the Churchills Cigar Lounge on QM2. Cabin 9001 is available and I wondered if there was a risk of smelling smoke. I know there are double doors into the room from the corridor to help eliminating smoke into the corridor.

The only thing I know, it always smell of Cigar and Pipe smoke in the evenings when going into or leaving the Commodore Club, pity it is not on the open deck.

Edited by luckymal

the smoke is captured and bottled and users of the lounge are expected to take their smoke with them.

It has been found that SOME cigar smoke is actually a usable substitute for LUCAS SMOKE which is required in the wiring harness of little British cars (aka LBC)

I have one of these

miniparade.jpg

and occasionally must refill the smoke

lucas-smoke.jpg

if all the smoke escapes from the wiring harness, the car will not run . . .

... The only thing I know, it always smell of Cigar and Pipe smoke in the evenings when going into or leaving the Commodore Club ...
Sometimes I use the port side entrance to the Commodore Club and miss the wonderful aroma of cigars and pipes that occasional hang around the starboard entrance. I make a note to arrive via the starboard outside lift next time to get my fix! :)

I find that there is only one thing worse than the smell of cigar smoke and that is stale cigar smoke. Churchill's leaks smoke into the commodore club as mentioned. I would think that any cabin near the room would be okay as long as the entrance is at least 20 metres away.:D

I find that there is only one thing worse than the smell of cigar smoke and that is stale cigar smoke. Churchill's leaks smoke into the commodore club as mentioned. I would think that any cabin near the room would be okay as long as the entrance is at least 20 metres away.:D
Hi MicCanberra

We all have different aromas/smells/pongs that we find pleasant or unpleasant.

Some can bring back happy memories (sometimes as clearly as a photograph or a song).

Others we find abhorrent.

My pet hate is overpowering perfume (or aftershave. Even some shampoos).

When I have to share a confined space such as a lift or car.

Or at dinner when I am trying to concentrate on the food and the sickly sweet stench of someone who's washed in the stuff (it seems) taints everything within ten metres.

A smell "like an explosion in a tart's handbag" as we used to say in the days of my youth.

Give me cigars/pipes every day compared to a moment with that sort of stench!

Best wishes :)

Hi MicCanberra

We all have different aromas/smells/pongs that we find pleasant or unpleasant.

Some can bring back happy memories (sometimes as clearly as a photograph or a song).

Others we find abhorrent.

My pet hate is overpowering perfume (or aftershave. Even some shampoos).

When I have to share a confined space such as a lift or car.

Or at dinner when I am trying to concentrate on the food and the sickly sweet stench of someone who's washed in the stuff (it seems) taints everything within ten metres.

A smell "like an explosion in a tart's handbag" as we used to say in the days of my youth.

Give me cigars/pipes every day compared to a moment with that sort of stench!

Best wishes :)

I think that would over power me as well.

I love Garlic but sometimes even Garlic smells can be overpowering.