San Francisco Super Bowl weekend.

hi guys., looking for a little local knowledge., our ship arrives in SF on the Saturday of Super Bowl 2016 and leaves not he Sunday evening.

Having no experience with Superbowl can anyone tell me what to expect and if normal "tourist" operations continue during the game...are shops etc still open or does the whole city come to a stop...

thanks,,,much appreciated...

Roscoe

if I were you, I would try to do unusual tourist things...go to the palace of the legion of honor museum, bike crissy field, check out ocean beach and the cliff house..stuff away from the north east side of town.

nothing will be closed, but there will be lots of out of town visitors. there is plenty to do for all...just avoid the usual places

Sorry, have to disagree with Keith. While the stadium is 45 miles away, SF is the host city, and almost all of the pre-game activities will be in downtown SF. Check the reply on your other thread.

thanks I did and the hints given well worth while..it should have a great atmosphere and as long as I can make a quick trip to my fav shop...ill be happy.

Thanks nma...been there done them had a great time so looking forward to spending the day in the middle of the madness.

regards