Ruby Alaska July

Caddy928

Can anyone tell me about weather during July? Are the pools open during sea days?

Pools are open all day in Alaska even when in Port .

The weather is mixed bag . Everything hot sun to light rain.

Temps can get into the high 80's during the day.

The secret is to dress in layers with light shell that can be easily removed.

Just remember South East Alaska is a rain forest and there is a good chance you will get some rain. It has been a warm season so far and there is not a lot of snow. Keep in touch with the 10 day weather forecast and that should be of great help. I am also going the second week of July.

Can anyone tell me about weather during July? Are the pools open during sea days?

They should be for sure. It has been a hot July. I am leaving this weekend and am disappointed to see that the weather is going to be in the high 70s. Definitely going to repackage some items in my suitcase and take out the long sleeves and sweaters and put in shorts and sleeveless shirts and sandals. It's gonna be hot so pack for summer but bring a rain jacket thing for if you are doing a boat excursion and get lucky enough to get rain or cool weather. I am really going to try and not let the bad weather make my opinion about Alaska and princess worse.

We have sailed in May/June/July/August/September.

We have had snow in late June and late July.

I have experienced some fantastic weather/cruises in the low seventies.

We have experienced cruises with rain and sleet the entire sailing.

You just don't know.

Never experienced high 80's. Maybe the first and last day out of Seattle.

As it is here in Colorado Alaskan weather can change in an instant so be prepared and dress in layers.

Take an umbrella.

They should be for sure. It has been a hot July. I am leaving this weekend and am disappointed to see that the weather is going to be in the high 70s. Definitely going to repackage some items in my suitcase and take out the long sleeves and sweaters and put in shorts and sleeveless shirts and sandals. It's gonna be hot so pack for summer but bring a rain jacket thing for if you are doing a boat excursion and get lucky enough to get rain or cool weather. I am really going to try and not let the bad weather make my opinion about Alaska and princess worse.

Bad weather? Its Alaska!!! Enjoy it!!

Your opinion about Princess because of the weather??

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Bad weather? Its Alaska!!! Enjoy it!!

Your opinion about Princess because of the weather??

Weather impacts how much you can enjoy a vacation. At least for some people. Having hot weather is not a positive aspect of a vacation, in my own opinion as i live in a hot climate and like to enjoy cooler weather when I can. While having warmer weather, which I personally consider a bad aspect, would not impact my opinion of the Princess cruise line, it would affect my ultimate opinion of the vacation. As would it for someone who experienced a lot of rain or a really rough ride at sea. Try calming down regarding personal opinions regarding simple things such as commenting on how the weather is currently in a specific location.