Allure or Oasis

WAPAVO

If you ever booked an ocean view room facing the front of the ship, I would appreciate your comments, good or bad. These rooms are listed as obstructed view. What is obstructing the view. Would you ever book this kind of room again?

The obstruction is the bow of the ship, you can look straight out , but looking down is the heli pad. By request of the captain some quests in a few cabins are asked to keep the curtains closed at night

Thanks for the info. How was your experience with this type room? Any pros or cons with this location of room? What deck were you on? I am getting a family cruise together and there are 8 rooms available with this location. You input would help in my decision.

Thanks

Walter

Never booked that type of room myself. Have only booked balcony's, we really enjoy the fresh air and sitting outside. If your ok with a window view it's a fine cabin, not much to see at night anyway. Book all your shows well before your cruise, it seems that late MDR seating conflicts with many show times..happy cruising

I've been in cabins at the front of the ship. They do get more motion than the rest of the ship, so if anyone in your group gets motion sickness, they would be better off midship. Other than that, these cabins do require a lot more walking to get from one end of the ship to the elevators and also to get to the opposite end of the ship, so if anyone has an injury or is slow at walking or mobility impaired, this can be overwhelming for them. Oasis and Allure are massive ships and the distance that has to be walked from the front to say get to the aft elevators to go to the buffet is about six times the length of a football field - the ships are 1,186 ft long. That said, if there happens to be a helicopter medical evacuation on your cruise, you will be able to turn out your cabin lights and watch this. This happens about twice a year on Oasis or Allure - so it's a rarity to actually see it but it is very interesting to watch if it happens.

A football field is 360 ft. including end zones. Six times that is 2,160 feet. Oasis and Allure are big but not that big.. unless your taking a round trip. happy cruising

You are right! The length of the ship is about three times the length of a football field - still quite daunting for the elderly who have mobility issues.