Majesty advice please

My sister and I are in the process of booking another Thomson cruise, we were on Celebration last week but are looking at the Adriatic Explorer cruise on Majesty for next year.

We had a very basic cabin on a Celebration, cabin 360, on the reception deck, L shaped configuration. This definitely suited our needs and we do not want to go for a more expensive deluxe one.

I would like to know if anyone has had experience of similar cabins on Majestic, decks 8 or 9 we are looking at, the plan appears to show the cabins on deck 9 are larger although they're all the same price supplement.

I would welcome any thoughts you may have on it.

Thanks in advance.

I only have experience of deck 6 on Majesty but my advice would be to book a cabin forward rather than aft. Staying well away from the engines, exhaust uptakes and propellers is always a good idea. Anything forward of the central stairwell should be OK.

There is also a topic about cabins which is worth looking at.

Can't peak for higher decks but we were in 6019 - more spacious than we expected for a basic cabin (did seem larger than some we saw but maybe that was just our imagination) and really quiet as away from all engine noise and in a little crossways corridor rather than on the main corridor.

We will certainly re-book this cabin next time we sail on Majesty.

Edited by campolady

I agree with Joe re. lower decks. No chance of a lifeboat obstructing your view whichever cabin you are in! We were midships on deck 4, very quiet, stable and only one stair up to reception, restaurants, bars etc.

Agree Deck 4 quiet - at least mid and forward. As dave said avoid at all costs the cabins aft of the rear staircase. The noise and vibration down there on Deck 4 is the worst I've heard on any ship. We walked through (sad folks we always walk the decks to identify any noisy areas with the intention of avoiding them in future! :o ) and every door had a letter outside referring to the noise - clearly there had been lots of complaints. We were midships though and it was quiet. Definitely worth paying to secure a cabin where you want it!

Thank you all for your advice.

Cruise booked for September next year, cabin 426.:):)

We are having that cabin next week! We had it last year. Only two problems - the misty window, which I know has been replaced as someone else on here (was it Flopsy?) told me and the hairdryer was rubbish, so taking my own :)

Nice quiet cabin and handy for lifts.

This is 426 with a double bed

2d99w1g.jpg

But you can have it like this one as two singles, which I always think looks roomier.

15mh0fr.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Doolot,

Yes the cabin is really good. The window is fine now and really makes it nice and light compared to the porthole we had on the Spirit.

One double and one single wardrobe (DH pinched the double one) loads of drawers, 8 large and four small ones.

Kettle and mugs, tea and coffee replaced by the cabin assistants. Milk in little pots, but we kept having to ask for more, so we brought a mug of milk from the buffet and kept it in the fridge. The safe is payable as an extra, but we didn't bother.

The hairdryer in the bathroom is not now working and there is one in the drawer in the cabin which is MUCH better :) so didn't need mine :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Beds were comfy and two lovely plump pillows. No noise at all and handy for the lift.

I'm sure you and your sister will enjoy your cruise.

It was made up as two beds this time and really seemed more spacious.

nxuquo.jpg